Tampa Florida Future Ghostbuster

Hi all,

Figured I would drop a line here and say hi. I have been a fan since the 84 movie. A costumer for almost 20 years now and Im just finally getting to building a GB set up.

I was very into star wars and have built some awesome costumes over the years. My Chewbacca costume is quite famous thus the name I chose.

This year I dove into a few new genres. I have a screen accurate Batfleck DOJ suit now. And I have started a full on GB1 set up.

I will say that I have been struggling with building my pack. About three and a half months ago i had ordered from BenofKent. I had watched a bunch of stuff and his pack looked great. Plus it was a one stop shop and I liked that. Well that went south for me. He had told me he shipped it, sent me a number that never worked. For 60 days I kept getting told its shipped, its in customs, the shipping number is gonna change. No one at DHL could find the package or anything. When I knew I was getting close to the 90 day mark I messaged him and said Im getting close to where I may have to press a claim. That you did not give me an active number and I kept getting a run around.

To his credit he refunded me. But claimed that hes gonna contact DHL and get them to stop delivery. If I could not find something directly asking for information, how could you stop a package that cant be found? My only inkling was he never actually sent the items.

Oddly I had another package shipped from England via DHL that was insured for twice what the pack was and it arrived in 3 days and crazy enough DHL had an active tracking number on it the whole way. So I reached out to a few other people and this has happened to those few other people. Three guys locally to me had a similar experience and Eric, the guy who I ordered a vent kit from said he had a similar experience.

That was incredibly frustrating.

I had plans to be done by Halloween to join in a local event in full gear.

I scrambled to get what I needed. Throwing chicken had a great wand kit and I had all the upgrade parts from the store here. Im almost done with it. I even scratch built my own pop mech. Works really well so Im happy bout that. Been adding my electronics kit that I got from Ninjatunes. Hope to have this all done by sunday.

My pack is on the way. I thought I had to cancel the pack for a bit because of some life issues, but a friend paid for a Karnivorous Creations shell and mobo. That may be here soon. So i might actually have a full suit soon. Sadly no way I can finish before Halloween just cause I wont have the time to put it all together by then.

I do have a found parts replica of the ecto goggles. I snagged a matty PKE for 180 on ebay. I even have a real gizmo.

Flight suit I currently have is a TRU spec. I didnt know it wasnt accurate at the time. So I ordered a nomex suit with the correct pockets. I also super heavily modded a walmart trap. Added a accurate GB pedal to it.

Simultaneously doing a Charcoal grey Suit too. I really liked that look. Ill be reversing a Rothco suit for that.

So thats me. Looking forward to getting out there and busting ghosts and having fun with all my Florida Franchises

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, DJ Chewie!

I’m glomming on to this BoK experience because mine over the last ~5 mos trying to buy a full kit on Etsy was exactly the same: a misery of 2 bad tracking numbers, strange DHL claims, refusal to give tangible info, my inability to corroborate evidence of a shipment existing, etc etc etc… but a refund issued when I drew the line near dispute claim day. Even that was shady.

Bottom line was that he never shipped anything but put a lot of effort into the runaround. All said and done, it was another non-delivery, soft fraud attempt, my third for GB parts!

All to say I feel your pain. I hope your build(s) finished well. I’ve had more heartburn over the past 18 months with various maker-builders than I ever thought possible. The GB prop building community has been great; the sellers are far too often unreliable - and that’s me being kind.

Sorry, I don’t know how to say it in Shyriwook.

Yep, It was complete bull on his part. It seems like being state side is a detriment to you getting something from him. Promptly after my refund and complaint he blocked me on facebook.

I make props and stuff in different genre professionally. So I like to invest in good work with people who deserve it. Everything looked great. But hes a liar and a soft cheat. I believe hes spending the money before he makes things and hes making stuff for others on our dime, Then makes yours based on someone elses orders. Its a push it forward game. Zero proof of it, but every time I see a scam like his its what the reason is. Had I waited maybe over a year Id of seen something. Even then when he did ship ive heard stories of people missing stuff. Its why I did not feel bad when the Italian guys recasted him

Welcome!

I ordered an aluminum bumper for my Spirit Pack from BenOfKent and had no issues, and I live in NY

It actually arrived pretty quickly from England, I was surprised.