Here is the list presented by Edmunds and Yahoo! News Click Here. Can you guess where the Ecto-1 is at on this list (See answer below)? To give you a hint the DeLorean is at number 30 and the A-Team Van is at number 26.
Its not on the list! Can you believe that!?!?!
A rather dubious set of requirements they’ve used to compile their list… Don’t get me wrong, the Toyota truck from Back to the Future is pretty cool… but one of the 50 greatest Movie/TV cars of all time?
Ecto-1 might’ve gotten in if they hadn’t had three separate entries from the awful Fast and the Furious franchise.
I just cringed looking through that list. Did they really have to show a bunch of them damaged, or about to be damaged? To think how many cars were destroyed “portraying” those cars. I love seeing old classic cars in movies for about 5 seconds. Then I remember they will most likely destroy it in some scene…and probably destroyed at least 5 cars doing it.
Hollywood really needs to stop killing cars. Or at least fund a complete restoration on the car after they are finished with it. It just breaks this car lover’s heart.
Hahah - I like how Marty’s truck is ranked once spot ABOVE THE FREAKING DELOREAN.
I know when it comes to BTTF, I always think first about that sweet Toyota and sleeping bags in the back with Jennifer, and certainly not about that stupid time machine thing.
Personally a list like that which consists mostly of stock model cars is ■■■■. Just because a stock vehicle was on TV or made it into some classic film (which does not include any of the Fast and the Furious movies imo) doesn’t make them any more impressive. Vehicles that had to be customized and modified to achieve a certain look for their particular role are one of a kind which in turn makes them rare and iconic. Simply put, there is nothing special about a car that hundreds and even thousands of people purchased at some point in time. I love Better Off Dead, but my dad has that same model Camaro and so do thousands of other people. Ecto-1 should be in the top five and is without a doubt one of the most iconic cars in film history, period!