The Original GHOSTHEAD here! Anyone slimed recently? It’s been almost 2 years since Dan Aykroyd announced that I’d be part of the GB3 production, “I can feel it, It’s really, really close!” Let’s all keep our fingers crossed! Don’t get slimed out there…that’s my job! Also check my IMDb.com site: Peter Mosen
WHAT!? No way! Are you serious? He told u that he’d let u be in GB3? Did he get your contact info? What part are you going to play? Are you going to play as the character Oscar?
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
What intrigues me is he claims to be Peter Mosen, which of course if he is, thats very cool. I would think if anybody had a chance to be in GB3 (if it happens) he would, given his history.
Yes Guys! KingGB IS The King of the Ghostbusters Fans, The Original GHOSTHEAD, Peter Mosen! AJ…Yes Dan did mention I’d be part of GB3 at a Crystal Head bottle signing, but he announced it on the air over WHUD-FM radio as part of a broadcast interview. Dan has my contact info and I am in contact with his office and Ivan Reitmans office at least every other week. Dan actually sent an eMail to both Columbia Pictures and Ivan Reitmans office that I am his personal choice for live promos in conjunction with the re-release and the upcoming GB3 (if and when it happens). I’ve proposed to Dan (no not that way!) that I play myself…the GB fan that got a job with the Ghostbusters, hired help. I’ve given Dan some of my story ideas, I hope he uses them. I couldn’t play Oscar…I’m a year younger than Bill and a year older than Dan. I know there is such a thing as Hollywood Magic, but seriously! And from my contact with Columbia for the re-release promo I did on my own (at my local theater) I am selling the re-release posters, that I had left, on eBay. I must say that while at the NYComiCon that Friday, I couldn’t take five steps without someone taking my picture or giving me an interview. It was like old times. So we all wait and hope for what I hope is inevitable…GB3!!!
Mosen is an old school Ghosthead, not only did he have an uncredited background part in Ghostbusters 2, he also did some work promoting NOW! Comics RGB line back in the late 80’s. I wouldnt say king Ghosthead, but surely an old-school Ghosthead. It’s cool to see people like this still around and participating in the community.
Yeah, I’m one of the ancients! After all, I was in line at a screening for GHOSTBUSTERS in 1984, two weeks before the release, wearing a GB jumpsuit. The Columbia execs present weren’t sure what to think. But within a week I was in their offices lining up the promo I’d do in Times Sq. opening day. This is when I received Harold Ramis’ boots, belt & elbow pads used in the movie and left at Columbia after shooting the music video! The Real Ghostbusters Fanzine donned me “King of the Ghostbusters Fans” in an article they wrote about me in 1989. Part of MY plan, if GB3 finally goes, is to finish writing all these small incidents and put them in a book with photos of all my stuff. If I’m lucky, it could be included in the Triple DVD release package that might include my hosted “behind-the-scenes” special that I want to do, IF I get the work on the production. C’mon all you GHOSTHEADS, stand behind me on this, I’d like to include other fans as well. A GHOSTBUSTERS Con before the release of GB3 is what I’m talking about!!! “Quiet…Do you smell something?” That’s the slime in my brain boiling over with these ideas that I just might be able to act on! Talk at ya later! Remember, I’ve had 25 years to think this stuff up.
FACEPALM The guy maybe over-enthused about being here and sharing stories about what he’s done in the past, (which if it is in fact him was ALOT from what I’ve read over the many years, and he pre-dated us, Roboprop, Norm, and I think even Sean - And in an OFFICIAL capacity even…I too am reluctant to say “KING” Ghosthead, but yeah - His credentials speak for themselves) but JEEZ man, just jeez…
If this is in fact you Peter, welcome to GBFans…Hopefully none of this has soured your view of this place and I would love to see any rare photos you might have, and possibly a recollection (or three) of days gone by if you have the time :-)…
I came back for more abuse! I just return to answer questions! If you don’t like me, THE Original Ghosthead, don’t post on the topic. I’m here for the REAL fans who might be interested in my involvement with the franchise, which I’ve been connected with since the original release in 1984. drjameshouse: Yes I still have Ramis’ boots, belt & elbow pads. I used them for the promos I did in '84. I then duplicated them for later appearances. I have a bondo pulls from molds found in a dumpster for the stunt backpacks & wands. If you have the 2 pak DVD #1 & #2, there is an effects crew shot…in the lower left hand corner is an unpainted original Mr. Stay Puft head…I have that as well. My collection also contains one of Slimers arms and I’d say maybe 3 oz. of Psycho-magnatheric (mood) slime that I managed to procure from the soundstage where they had the sets for the “Hole” to the pneumatic transit station, Venkmans “World of the Psychic” interviews and the museum “alter”. My ECTOMOBILE, which I sold to George Barris after he persisted for years, is now on display at Hollywood Star Cars Museum in Gatlinburg, Tn. The drivers headliner has autographs from Dan, Harold, Bill & Ernie. Ernie signed it while I appeared with him in the Atlanta Braves Stadium, when I drove my vehicle around the infield. fortyseven: If you don’t care who I am…don’t bother me! Ectofiend666: I thank you for your support. Yes it is me…Has somebody actually tried to imitate me on this site? Fan sites called me “the original ghosthead” and I’m flattered. I actually use the phrase on my GB letterhead. “King of the Ghostbusters Fans” was the title of the article written about me in “The Real Ghostbusters” Fanzine in 1989, I use that too. Honestly speaking GB fans, If anyone has spent more time then me in a GB jumpsuit…they must be using them as pajamas… every nite! If you folks are still interested in more of my experiences…write back to this site. Eventually I hope to put all this down in some sort of book for those who honestly would like to hear from someone who started by going to ComiCons and SciFi Cons. It all started while I was working at STARLOG Magazine and created “RENT-AN-ALIEN”, costumes & appearances made to order. I entered all the costume competitions and always took 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Anyone remember “REAL PEOPLE”? I think this was the original “reality” T.V. show. I was on April 6, 1983. Thanks for tuning in…see you next time!
Feel free to post any of the items you have. Since this community is about sharing, I’d be glad to help you post any pictures or scans of any items.
I think people would rather see those items, than hear you talk about how you are better than everyone else. That’s the main problem here. We are all fans here. Telling us you are the first, or the biggest, or the best fan for X,Y,Z reason is just coming off as a jerk. You would get a much warmer response if you posted more of what you have, and less of why you are better than everyone else.
xtrmn8r17: By the way…I don’t suppose I did one of my GB birthday parties for you…did I? I did live in L.A. from 1987-93. People Magazine ran a full page article on me and my parties back in '89. I also made appearances at Universal Studios Tour “100 Cartoon Character” event as Ray Stantz with my 1st ECTOMOBILE built on a '66 Cadi Amb. with “Slimer” from DIC for The Real Ghostbusters and at Knotts Berry Farm. Any chance you saw me at either of these events? I recently had one of my “cadets” contact me that he is still a big GB fan. I saw the So. Cal GB logo and thought I’d ask! To all GB Fans. My relaying my participation with the GB Fanchise is a sharing process. I don.t think that I’m better or look down on any GB fan. I’ve just been involved longer that anyone else could possibly be and think that the fan sites are great and that the fans would be interested in hearing about the many things that I did since they were in conjunction with Columbia Pictures. At NYCC, everyone I saw with a GB costume or t-shirt got a “Certifiate of Anti-Paranormal Proficiency” from me! I went out of my way to introduce myself to them because they shared the same type of enthusiasm that I do. Many of you fans, I take my goggles off to you, have gone out to raise funds for charities. This is what “community” is all about. I will continue to do what I can to move this franchise forward and tell my stories if you want to hear them. I guess I’m just proud of what I have accomplished and what to share my experiences. If you don’t want to hear from me… I can vacate this site!