Thinking about making some goggles

Can anyone help me out what do most people use to make ecto goggles as im thinking about making some now are they simply welding goggles ?

And also what do most use for the lenses ?

Elwood

I’m making a second set of goggles. I bought these http://www.positivehands.co.uk/products/product-detail/Personal-Protection/362600/362600.html

I’m making the lenses out of plumbing bits ans bobs. Here’s what I used for my first build. I’m using the same parts but making a better effort in consructing and painting them this time!

Thanks Mark,

Whats the painting issue like ??? Did you spray your old pair and did the paint stick to the goggles ok?

Thanks

Elwood

The primer went on fine. I hand painted the first pair with acrylic paint and apart from the crappy job on my part, the paint is on there fine. It did take a couple of days to dry properly though. I will be spraying this time.

Do they sell those over here in the states?

They’re just normal welding goggles that you can find in any hardware store. Alternatively for more accuracy go here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11936&start=30