I’ve been lurking on the site for about a week-and-a-half now, and I must say I’m starting to feel a little guilty (even though I know I’m totally in the right spot). See the thing is last year from scratch I created an entire Monty Python Black Knight costume. Not some rinky-dink, half-assed attempt mind you, but we’re talking full on chain-mail, helmet, jerkin, the works. Over a year of planning and gathering, and weeks of assembly.
This year it’s Ghostbusters. The funny thing is that this was always the plan. Even before I started the Black Knight I knew I would be doing this costume, and now I’m caught up in all the buzz with the new movie, and old diehard fans coming back, and new props, and new life, and wholey cow, this was not part of the original plan, but what the heck, it’s been fun so far. Even though I’m not some kind of super fan, and I do feel a little guilty about that, I am looking forward to making a really sweet tribute to the movie, and I know I’m in the right place for that. -J