Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Well I just got back from the theater. My brother and I went to see the latest installment of the Transformers franchise. And I have to say while it certainly isn’t an artsy film, (who here really thought it would be?) the SFX were amazing and the action was non-stop! I highly recommend this movie to anyone that wants a good popcorn flick.

2.5 out of 4 stars.

I saw it at an IMAX and liked it. It wasn’t better or worse than the previous film. There were two things I liked and hated.

Hated:

The two comic relief small cars. They were pretty stupid, and could have been done without. Its kinda like Jar-Jar Binks.. times two.

Loved:

The Mom. All of her lines were pretty hillarious.

Agree

]

I heard this was the reason they wouldn’t allow the universities to be named.

It was good up until the fight in the forest. It was actually very good right up until then. But then, yeah. Kevin just about shit himself with anger when they walked out of the museum in Washington and then they were in Arizona.

I won’t be seeing it. I didn’t like the first one, now most people are saying the second is worse… nah, I’ll save my money for Avatar.

All I want is massive robot aliens Fighting other massive robot aliens. I dont want story, I was Transforming and Destruction.

Its a shame this movie has turned out so crummy. I was looking forward to seeing, was actually going to go opening night, but heard it was average so im waiting now.

Massive robots!

Destruction and so forth.

That’s what I want! I didn’t care for the first one because of all the ‘emotionality.’

The film was rather long but very entertaining! I did laugh at all the John Tuturo scenes! One thing I must say is bet to write this movie must have been extremely easy because 70 % of it must have all just been action scenes descriptions and story boards! The other 30% was the actual story!

Anyway one cool thing that I liked in the movie is that some of the scenes were filmed in my home town Tucson, AZ at the airport, airforce base, and a plane graveyard/museum!

Also my dad is from Jordan and that’s where they filmed the scenes in the middle east that was not Egypt! Some of you may have recognized the architectural style from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade! Its not the same building but another one that looks similar! In fact there is an entire city carved from the rock like that and if for those who are interested what the inside of the Holy Grail temple looks like it looks just like the inside of the one in Transformers except 10x bigger and it has four rooms like that!

Cool. That was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw the building. Appreciate the info!

I enjoyed the movie. I personally didn’t think it was as good as the first, but some of that just may be the novelty of it.

thats the first thing that came to mind when i saw that slimer28.

the movie was awesome. AJ i thought the small cars were funny as hell, calling that guy a ■■■■■ the whole movie. couldn’t get any funnier than that or the little robot ■■■■■■■ that girls leg.

Its a city called Petra and it was built by a civilization called the Nebateans! Some of that stuff Pre Dates a lot of the pyramids in Egypt! Im actually going there in about a month! I’ll be sure to take pictures in front of both the Indiana Jones building and the Transformers one!

Just a thought wouldn’t it be funny to take a picture in front of one of those buildings in GB gear while riding a camel?

Yes, yes it would…

i agree with the hilarity because hasn’t this been done in RGB?

I doubt that I will be able to get a pack successfully overseas especially to the middle east! I gues I will have to settle for just my suit and stuff!

In the words of a friend of mine, “Transformers: Revenge of the Awesome”.

I loved the action but hated the continuity from the 1st in some aspects. there were about 3 repeted scenes from the 1st movie and about 2 repeted from this one.

also…

[spoiler]1-What happend to Barricade? After the freeway scene in the 1st movie he dissapeard. He wasn’t in the final fight.

2-Wasn’t Blackout killed in the 1st movie? In the final fight where he tries to sneek-up on Optimus Prime and Megatron fighting and the Army takes him down.

3-In repeted ocasions, WHILE Devastator was fighting/climbing the piramid, some of his “extremedies” were down fighting agaist the soldiers[/spoiler]

I think thats it, if I remember anything else I’ll post it later…

My GF and I, just got back from seeing it, and all I have to say is…

It was frikin’ AWESOME!

The only two things I didn’t like about it were, Too many MAJOR plot holes/lack of story, and as someone stated before No explanation of missing/present Transformers (continuity), but other than that, it was GREAT! :cool:

I found the first hour of this film p-a-i-n-f-u-l. My eyes were tired from rolling at pretty much the entire college section it was just so, sooo awful. Once the movie left the college the movie really started for me.

El,I’ll address all that you said in your spoiler tags.

[spoiler]1)Barricade-It was stated by the writers and Bay himself that Barricade survived,it was also put into the follow up comics that he survived.

2)Blackout was indeed killed in the first one,the Mh53 TF in this one is called Grindor,it used the same character model as Blackout but was a very light gunmetal as opposed to Blackout’s darker color.

3)Devastator in the movie does not separate into individual robot modes like the others,instead he just separates into individual vehicle modes.The robots that you see fighting that look like the pieces of Devastator are just normal Decepitcons.[/spoiler]

I’m a huge TF fan,I own the book that is all about the movie universe,got it from Books-a-Million,best 25 bucks I spent.

Actually, that’s not quite accurate.

[spoiler]Devastator’s components are indeed fully transforming Constructicons, it’s just that there are a large number of them around, and Devastator can be formed out of which ever Constructicons happen to be around at the time. That’s how you’ll see some of them in the battle at the same time as Devastator is climbing the pyramid.

The whole thing with no-robot-modes is actually regarding the supreme-class Devastator toy that Hasbro put out. :)[/spoiler]