Ok here’s my problem I just recently built a trap,I have a problem powering the front led! Here’s how it’s hooked up,I have a on on switch with two wires go off of it a neg and pos wired into a 9v battery clip then the wires run from the back of the trap to the front,you can plug the battery up to the clip and turn the switch on they come on fine and bright,now you turn them off the battery starts to get hot and when I go to turn them back on it’s real dim and they get bright real slow! Is there a back feed or something! Whats the right way to do it?
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
i wish i could help i had simular problems. i went to radio shack and told the guy what i was trying to do and he printed me off a schematic. dont know where he went to to get them ill try to run by today i need some leds anyway.
If you could that would be great,I’m at the point that I don’t know what else to do!
Hey Garvin,
Right off the bat I can tell you that your circuit is missing a resistor. Based on color, the LED is supposed to run between 2 - 3.5 volts; I’m surprised the 9 volt battery hasn’t fried it. If you can pass along the information from the package the LED came in or at least the color, I will provide a wiring diagram for you.
-Robby
The lights are a lite blue!
id suggest, asking user JT94, his wisdom help me alot, and take a pic of teh wireing so we can see for sure what your doing