unknown song...

anybody know what the name/artist is of the tune that is on the radio in the ecto1 during the bridge scene when winston and ray are discussing the end of the world? it’s not on the sound track, at least not the vinyl, thats all i have. i always thought it was a bitchin’ tune. i’d love to rock that thing on the way to ‘busts’!

It’s quite known! :lol:

It’s actually a part of Elmer Bernstein’s score! ecto-web.org under film then score album. The track is called Peter Arrives/I Am Zuul/Myth Back when the album had a million bootleg copies. An official limited release of the score was somewhat recently put out. The one at the top of the page. I believe the track is called Judgement Day on there. I think you can still download the songs off of there. Well the older versions.

So I guess long story somewhat short, the song only exists as what you hear in the film. Listen to a lot of the other tracks and you’ll hear some similar awesome cheesy sounding 80s rock tracks, including if you have the GB DVD, the rockin’ version of the main title theme on the 84 Featurette. All the songs are cool to hear in restrospect I feel but would have been a bit out of place. Like Magic and Cleanin Up The Town and I think Savin the Day had score music in it’s place. If you listen, you can kinda hear where things would have went and how they might not have worked as well.

I always thought about it being on the radio but then the more I think about it, it seems like more of transition music.Since the music starts before Winston says “yeah” after “How about a little music?” Kinda weird in Twilight Zone:The Movie, Dan says “how about a little music?” a year or so earlier. :lol: Safe to assume he didn’t turn into a monster and snap Winston’s neck though. :smiley:

-Zack

I do believe that the music in question is part of the track “Magic”. Much of the music in any movie gets a little rearranged, or otherwise changed around, once it is scored to the movie. If you buy or own the GB soundtrack, then you’ll notice (or have noticed) that some things are not only quite a bit longer, but rather different in many areas.

Part of “Magic”? No, it isn’t. It’s part of Elmer Bernstein’s score… as Zack mentioned in the post above you.

I quite agree with Kingpin and Zack as i own one of those released film score CDs. Cost me £50 on EBay though. Apparently one of only 3000 copies. (I have my suspicions!)

Here you go.

The song is part of the “Myth” track.

haha is it bad even though I have a few versions of the scores, I had to listen to it anyway. I get chills sometimes when I hear that music when Winston says his line and Ray has that look for a second. Thinking about it now, it foreshadows the “End of the world”, all the religious people connecting whats happening with the bible and kinda gives that notion of the last days when the dead would rise from the grave upon us, with everything being so busy…awesome scene with Winston.

-Zack

Winston is a BAMF.

Black And Marginally Featured?

I ordered the Legion Graphic Novel just to see winston’s first bust!

man i forgot all about this thread…thanks for the info guys. too bad ‘myth’ seems to be just the snippit that is in the movie and not a full-fledged song per say. oh well…

Whoops,nevermind I had the wrong scene in mind.Disregard this post.

I guess that was the scene they used to audition people for Winston :whatever: hard to imagine Eddie Murphy or anyone else playing that part…

-Zack

Is that thing out yet? Its done? I remember a whole bunch of people upset it took so long after deposits were sent.

The track’s a lot longer on the Elmer Bernstein score that was released by Varese Sarabande, about 1:21, however the 'creepy bit is the same length as in ‘Myth’, it seems likely that that section was doubled up when they did the editing of the music for the scene. The music that plays as we see Ecto-1 moving along that highway in the dark is on the track before ‘Judgement Day’ which is the VS version of ‘Myth’.

UltimateGBfan, what scene were you after, then?

thegreatgallina, not yet, but hopefully soon.