What's up from GB fan in Chicago area

Hi, my name’s Marty, and I’m a 25-year-old Ghostbusters fan from Oak Park, Illinois, which is just west of Chicago. I’ve been crazy about the show ever since I was a little kid. One of my first costumes ever was as Egon when I was a wee lad. My aunt made the gun out of a Kleenex box and paper towel tube that she covered in navy blue felt. The more things change, the more they stay the same; I was a Ghostbuster for Halloween this past year (not with the same costume of course).

Anyways, I’m a journalist/editor for a small weekly newspaper in Oak Park, which I’ve been doing full-time for about a year. I studied journalism at Loyola University, Chicago. I would like to eventually write comic books and TV shows, but that’s currently in the pipe dream stage.

I stumbled on this Web site whilst I was scouring the internet for people’s lists of favorite GB episodes to help me tackle the complete collection box set.

welcome! There are all kinds of online tips for writers, and some Indy places are loking for writing talent (soemtimes). I want to do my sci fi stuff someday, but our fan film sucks up a lot of my time now.

Welcome aboard Marty! :boogieman:

MACFLY!

Welcome Marty.

Fujitsu-san, Kon-nichiwa.