Which version of "Knock, Knock" is on the upcoming DVD?

Does anyone know if the version of Knock, Knock included on the upcoming Vol. 2 release of the RGB is the syndicated or the ABC version?

The major difference being, in the ABC version, the runaway subway train scene features the “Boogieman” song by Tahiti.

In the syndicated version, that track is replaced by the theme song.

The episode was first-run Syndication from the get-go.

Also, it’ll likely be the replacement one. And if the PAL VHS tapes are anything to go by, there was even more replaced music. Apparently, “Adventures in Slime and Space” originally had “The Boogieman” playing.

Yeah, I didn’t remember if there was originally an ABC version or not. However, I do recall being slightly disappointed that we got the alternate theme song version on the Time Life set. It seems really insignificant, but the “Boogieman” track made that moment work for me. It probably will be the replacement one as you said…Sony isn’t really one to care for the details.–But if anyone knows for sure..clue me in, please.

Speaking of the Syndicated episodes, I wonder why the different closing logo combos? Some had the DiC Vortex/CPT Torch Lady, others had the DiC Kid-In-Bed/Coca-Cola Communications.

I’m guessing it was because originally, they were released on VHS, and aired in foreign countries. But exactly which countries were the first to get the Syndicated package in late 1986/early 1987, I don’t know.

Adventures in Slime and Space had The Boogieman as part of it’s soundtrack? At what point?

That’s what the back of the PAL VHS says.

I have a feeling this DVD will have the TimeLife version. It’s packaged the same, except without the extras.

yup the 2016 verison is the one that has the ghostbusters cartoon theme song verison