Why do some people in the UK don't like ghostbusters

I know it’s a stupid question but i was looking at an article from the UK relate to ghostbusters,and I looked at the comments. I couldn’t believe it, most of these comments dissing not only the 2nd movie but the 1st movie. Am I crazy thinking this is a problem?

Check the article for yourself:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/nov/03/ghostbusters-3

Crazy poms.

It actually explains a lot about people who read the guardian. You’ll find that myself and many other uk gbfans do not read the guardian (I would hope).

So much for “standing for values, and not standing in the way of progress”.

I’m a Daily Telegraph man myself.

Ugh, and that’s the slogan of the Express… not the Guardian.

Idiot… :sigh:

Here’s more proof to my question. For those U.K. gb fans who saw this special on movies’ greatest Cars; this stupid comedy writer Steve Amos who diss the movie on the special and you fans who saw this then say “who the hell does this guy thinks he is?”

Well, see for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7GETxwb3g4

I remember watching this and was rather disgusted in his comments, if ghostbusters was so bad then why was and is it so popular, why has it built such a massive franchise with a logo that is recognised across the whole world.

I wouldnt worry too much into it, there is always going to be some individuals that didnt like ghostbusters, same with most other movies that have become popular. At least we are safe in the knowledge that the percentage of people that love this franchise is far greater than those that dont.

I am proud to be part of this community and am happy to call myself a Ghostbusters Fan.

I don’t like Harry Potter… what does that say about me? Hmmmm… anti British?? Magic hater?? Mature??

Not everyone likes the same thing. That’s life.

I have to work with a GB hater and she tries to make fun of me when I discuss anything GB related at work. I just fire back with the fact that the world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things.

Plus I hope she gets haunted :boogieman:

I saw this video, like others I commented against them.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

It’s The Guardian, mate. As with Salon, the ‘people’ who write for it like to look down on anything that’s the least bit popular.

As simcarr said, there will always be those who aren’t fans of a particular work (and that’s OK). In fact, if I were you, I’d take it as a compliment to Ghostbusters rather than an insult.

And I shouldn’t take Mr. Amos’ comments too seriously, either. One shouldn’t expect any one in his line of work to appreciate Ghostbusters, any more than one should expect a Guardian-writer to appreciate Ghostbusters.

1 Like

I was naive. I have never considered that there might actually be people in this world that do not like Ghostbusters. I have not met nor have I heard of anyone with an unsavory opinion. My mind is blown.

There are some things in this world that go way beyond human understanding

Hey, Egon,

Here’s another example of “The Grunion’s” attitude toward popular culture, in case you weren’t convinced that they despise it:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/jun/03/hp-lovecraft-writer-out-time

Eight paragraphs about his racialism, two paragraphs about his cosmicism; and those paragraphs include a quote from a writer who went out of her way to insult a greater than she. Says more about The Guardian than about Mr. Lovecraft, doesn’t it?

I remember seeing this program on Sky One about the greatest movie cars, in which “comedian” Stephen K Amos said that the film was “appallingly dull”.

Skip to 22:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRaKlmXF77Y