Yea another veteran turned newbie...

Hi everyone my name is Sam Morton and I met some great Houston Area Ghostbusters at the ComicPallooza 2010.

I’ve always been a Ghostbuster fan and have been wanting to do a pack for some time now. I am a veteran prop collector/builder as well as a costumer.

I am also a member of the 501st Legion and am currently the XO of Star Garrison which encapsulates Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Outside of Star Wars I love the FireFly series and do a downright killer Jayne Cobb.

I actually have built a dozen or so costumes now some for the wife some for my son and now I have decided to try the Ghostbuster Costume. Since I went to my first DragonCon several years back I’ve been wanting to do this gear. I am familiar with building as I am also building an Astromech right now as an R2 Builder. I am hoping some of my learned skills there will apply as well the skills I picked up from prop making.

At any rate good to be hope to meet some new friends!

Sam

SL-1247

Executive Officer

Star Garrison

501st Legion

you can see a few of my props here http://picasaweb.google.com/sgmorton/MyProps?feat=directlink

you can see some of my costumes at http://sgmorton.smugmug.com/ but

you will have to wade through some pics of little league and halloween and my other obsessions though…

My Jayne Cobb

You’ll LOVE Dragoncon then, if you plan on hitting it in Ghostbuster gear. We had a 1st year turnout last year of more then 50 Ghostbusters, and the parade had about 50 in it.

Check out the events forum here, and the Dragoncon threads.

…smug… :slight_smile:

DCon vet here… been going since 2004!

Sam

welcome! If you joined in 2002, why are you saying hi now? Time difference between Texas and Minnisota? : P

Yea I joined eons ago to try and get a trap to display. Now i want to be a Ghostbuster!

Sam