Your first encounter with the "Ghostbusters" world...

I think I was 4 years old, a friend of my moms had a VHS recording from TV that I had gotten. I watched it repeatedly until I wore the tape out. I watched the real ghostbusters cartoon religiously as a kid too. It was just a phase that I never grew out of!

It’s funny when I picked it up on DVD as a teen and realized so many more jokes that I didn’t get as a child.

Now we need Ghostbusters II on blu-ray!

I saw the promo’s on TV 2 weeks before release, then saw it at the cinema the first day it came out. As part of the cinema “deal”, with your ticket you also got a t-shirt & cardboard popcorn bucket, both with the GB logo on them

I was 16

.

I was hooked on the cartoon as a young lad. It was my favorite show so my parents decided to rent the movie from the video store so I could see the original. From that moment forward, whenever my parents would go to the video rental place I would beg them to rent Ghostbusters again. Anytime I was home sick from school my mother would rent the movie. I still have no idea why they never just bought the damn VHS tape, they must have spent at least a hundred bucks in rental fees for that movie alone.

In 89 I finally got to see them in theaters when GBII was released.

I wore my first flightsuit for the following halloween.

I was living outside the US at the time. I remember the cartoon was already on tv and one day at the video rental store I found the movie and the rest is history.

My next trip here was for my own original copy. Getting here I found out about the universal ride and that GB2 was available on tape and I got that which I still have.

I paused the heck out of it when building my very first “movie pack”.

Already had a RGB pack made out of cardboard. I remember asking people who worked with us to buy me a can of blue spray-paint so I could finish painting it. man, now all these memories are giving me the fuzzies.. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve been into ghostbusters since before I can remember. Cartoons, Movies, Toys, Props. Its always been a part of me.

+1 on that.

That first year I was into it hardcore. Watched the movie every day once or twice :slight_smile: That Christmas I told Santa “I want a pack and a gun” Santa looks suspiciously at my mom. She quickly says “yeah Santa you know.. Ghostbusters”

I saw the movies and cartoons as a kid, but it wasn’t until a convention last year when I was talking to a fellow Ghostbuster about his uniform and pack that I really got into it. Pretty sure he just wanted to talk about my stormtrooper though. I wonder if him and his mates are active on these boards.

saw the movie way back when but I guess I was too young to apreciate it. As I started to go to cons I saw more and more ghostbusters and when I watched the movie again I fell in love with it. I almost didn’t re watch it because a smelly bastard in a ghostbusters uniform sat in my lap and demanded sex from me at Otakon 2010. It was my first impression of die hard ghostbusters fans and I was like “ew are they all like this?” thankfully I kept my mind open and came on this site and I am now a member of the Baltimore ghostbusters. that was the only time a had regreted mentioning ghostbusters.

I don’t even know how old I was but, they were already playing the movies on TV. I was pretty young but that is when I first watch them. My dad and I, and I was pretty much hooked since then. That and the Beetlejuice movie were like my most favorite things to watch, so every time I saw that they were playing them on tv, I’d make sure to watch. Other than that, I don’t really remember watching the cartoon as a kid.

GB1 was the first movie I ever remember seeing in the theater. I was 3 but still vividly remember the act of going to a theater for the showing! The beginning with the library ghost was SO SCARY! :slight_smile: I also remember getting my first Peter Venkman GB action figure (series 1 of course) at Wal-mart when they first came out. Having not yet seen the cartoon, I was not sure that I liked the action figures because they seemed to look nothing like the movie characters. I remember telling my mom when I put it in the cart that I just wanted one to “try them out” :cool: Well, I started watching the cartoon shortly there after and was totally hooked! I remember seeing kids at school with RGB lunch boxes and backpacks and pencil cases and t-shirts and my life long obsesseso-ness began! :wink: Still have fond memories of looking at all the GB toy displays at Kay-Bee toys and Service Merchandise where I got my Kenner Plush Stay Puft and my Firehouse playset. Awesome and wonderful childhood times. I am so glad to have been a kid in the 80s!