I was wondering if anyone converted the file Real Ghostbusters Promo video as an MP3. I can’t access Youtube from work, and my system at home can’t handle the converstion software.
Any help would be appreciated.
I was wondering if anyone converted the file Real Ghostbusters Promo video as an MP3. I can’t access Youtube from work, and my system at home can’t handle the converstion software.
Any help would be appreciated.
here, its at the bottom of the page, in the comments. check out the other stuff too. looks like this guy has been working on a soundtrack, making the songs from bits and pieces of clean parts in the show.
I’ve run into similar issues when I need something off YouTube but can’t use converters on my work PC or old laptop. When my computer bogged down with most video converters, I tried using basic converters that let you pick audio output, but they’d usually freeze up or miss chunks.
In general the best solution is to use a program called YT-DLP if you want to download anything from YouTube. I know people are allergic to command-line interfaces, but it’s the best ripping tool there is since it’s constantly updated to get around YouTube’s fruitless attempts to stop people from doing exactly that. If you just wanted the audio, for example, then the command would be:
yt-dlp -f bestaudio https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zdpYqfjFaI
To break down that command, “yt-dlp” calls the program, “-f bestaudio” tells it to only download the best available audio format and nothing else, and then of course you provide the link to the YouTube video.
If the best audio format ends up being WEBM (actually OPUS inside a WEBM container), ffmpeg can convert that to MP3 without any issue whatsoever. Command for that would be:
ffmpeg -i "The Real Ghostbusters - Promo Pilot (HD Remastered) [4zdpYqfjFaI].webm" -vn -ab 320k "The Real Ghostbusters Promo.mp3"
To break down that command, “ffmpeg” calls the program, “-i” specifies the input file to work on, “-vn” says to ignore any video streams, “-ab 320k” specifies to use an audio bitrate of 320kbps, and then of course the last bit is the output filename (from which it will see that you want MP3 format).
Hope that helps you in the future.
YT-DLP: Releases · yt-dlp/yt-dlp · GitHub
FFMPEG: Download FFmpeg
If you’re ever in the market for something that doesn’t need much power to convert videos or audio, I use Movavi’s tools now and then, it’s light and super easy to figure out, even when my PC is struggling. Just a heads up if you get stuck again, you can find more on Best Free Video Editing Software of 2026 We've Tested [TOP 13].