Adding a switch between the battery and GB Fans sound board?

Hey everyone,

Was hoping could help me with my wiring setup for my pack.

This is what my current setup looks like (my lights are all Jupiter Electronics):

image

The battery already has a switch on it and obviously is powering all of the electronics. My question is what do I have to do in order to add another switch to it and have said switch turn on everything? As you can guess, I am trying to make one of the toggle switches on the gun turn everything on instead of having the battery switch do it. I want a single switch from the gun to turn it on.

I’d appreciate any help.

I don’t have the kit, but I have been looking over the manual in consideration of getting one. It appears the diagram on page 5 of the instructions is something like you are describing.

That’s what I was thinking, however the wand kit only has one set of power terminals. I’d have to run the wires from the battery to it and then lay an additional set on top of them that runs to the sound board. In my head that would still make for the battery being live and providing power off the same switch I am trying to get around. I might be wrong about that though.

Is a DPST toggle what I need?

A regular switch will work.

image

Run your red wire from the battery to your switch, then to the wand board. Just look at the wand kit where the power goes in after the switch, and attach another red wire there that goes back to the sound board. Then have all your black wires meet at the GND on the sound board.

Is there a way to extent the switch on the battery to you don’t have to open the pack every time you need to use the battery?

What kind of battery are you using? I have my battery mounted externally to the motherboard for that reason.

I ordered a 12v battery “blue brick”. It has a switch on the battery and I really don’t want to have the battery out of the pack. Can I follow the diagram that was posted and just leave the switch “on” in the pack

Yes.

The indicator LED will still be on, but it doesn’t draw much power, so as long as you charge it overnight, you’ll be good.

Sweetness. Thanks guys!!

I’ve got my ‘blue brick’ mounted inside the pack shell and I did a semi-functional ‘switch bracket’ at the base of the motherboard, below the ALICE frame.

The toggle switch on the switch bracket turns everything on, it’s in the circuit between the battery and the light kits. And the middle port of the switch bracket is where the AC adapter plugs so I can recharge my battery without having to open the shell.

The largest and most expensive piece purchased for this project was the one that is just for show. The switchcraft XLR is a movie-accurate detail to photos of, I believe, the Ramis Pack switch bracket, but mine isn’t hooked up to anything.

Yet.

Alex

Thanks Alex awesome setup and pack.