Afterlife Cyclotron lights

Hey yall!

Ive been working on a build on and off since the rona times hit and I am at a crossroads. I have purchased the full GBFans pack and gun light kits before afterlife was released and I fell in love with the new cyclotron. Im zeroing in on a point in my build where I can start installing electronics, BUT I want to figure out how to get the new cyclotron light features. I know there are other suppliers of electronics kits out there that do what I want and are compatible with one another, but Im not big on buying a whole new setup. So I guess is I am asking if there is a way to make my setup work with the effects I want. Should I buy a neopixel/ arduino set up and just run it off of the ports on the sound kit? Or are there other options out there?

Thanks for the advice in advance yall! I appreciate it.

There’s a post on the boards called Favorite Cyclotron light sequence? that has at least one link to somebody that makes something similar to what you want. I’ve also read on here that some people were going to use Neo pixel rings or strips to do the same effect. Sorry, I couldn’t find the specific thread for that info. If you wanna know how it was done in the movie, I have a video for you.

If I read correctly you are looking to set up afterlife style spinning lights?

You may want to take a look at this thread. Someone had something like that going. He’s been MIA on his updates but what he shared so far is useable.

You could try the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, they have it pretty well figured out there.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=3d%20printed%20ghostbusters%20props

Here is a video of what it looks like, but you’ll need to go to the FB group to get the files.

Assuming you are OK with a solution that LOOKS correct, but isnt mechanical. If you want to go the mechanical route, it wont be much help.

Isn’t that video ninja tunes kit?

Not that I am selling any of this, but I’ve created a spinning cyclotron set up that is basically the same as what they had in the Afterlife props.

And here is how it looks in my pack with my audio set up.

Maybe? I had assumed that the powercell was a Ninjatunes kit and the cyclotron was made from the files on the 3d printed ghostbusters FB, but Ninjatunes may be offering a cyclotron light kit as well.

Regardless, that is what the cyclotron lights look like when you use the lights/programming/3d files from the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, so its still a good example of the end effect.

Whoa! Thats really amazing! do you have a build thread somewhere? I tried to search for your posts, but wasnt able to find anything.

Well done!

I haven’t made a build thread yet. I have made a few posts about my pack build in the Afterlife Research thread, but I haven’t made a dedicated thread. I may do that eventually.