Anyone Purchase a Ghost Trap Replica from officineProp ?

Has anyone bought a ghost trap replica from a place on Etsy.com called officineProp ? Just curious if they’re worth the money or not. Thanks!

I did. It was ok…but now that I know better, there are better options. I stripped mine down and upgraded stuff on it.

Thanks for your reply … may I ask what are the “better options” you are speaking of? And are any of these better options of the completely pre-made variety (not a kit)? I’m looking to buy a completely built trap, possibly with lights and sounds and after doing a little digging online I’m not really finding a whole lot of alternatives that don’t include being completely price gouged on eBay for the Matty Collector version. Thanks!

You’re not going to find a quality fully assembled trap out there worth purchasing… all of the good ones out there are kits that you have to assemble yourself… Throwing Chicken and Nickatron Props come to mind… Also, Benofkent looks like he’s beginning production of 3D printed traps…

Phil is right! If you don’t have the time/tools to put together a trap kit you could commission someone to do it for you. Benofkent I think is going to offer a completed 3d printed trap as an option. Not sure about sound and lights though.

I’ve never seen a sound kit for a trap before (there could be one), but there are plenty of light kits for them and some electronic kits for the doors. As for the trap itself, yeah, your best bet is to go with one of the DIY kit options listed above.

I just bought an Officine Prop trap. And at first, I was a little disappointed in the quality. After spending some time with it - tightening up some bits and re-wiring some of the electronics - I’m ok with it. But all in all, I feel like I would’ve been better off buying Nickatron’s kit and assembling it on my own. Live and learn.

That said, I don’t regret buying my first trap from them. It’s been a fun project and I’ve learned a lot from dissecting and putting it back together. It is a decent build that looks the part and photographs great. Just don’t go in expecting it’ll be constructed to the standard of excellence most on these boards seem to demand. It’s above average, but not by much.

I also bought two of their fully buld traps. They are ■■■■, bad quality and the electronics aren’t working properly.

So i fought with him on paypal, at least I got my money back, won’t buy anything again from them!

BenofKent is going to sell Trap kits and build traps, that’s a good deal, great quality!