Long story short, one of my two resin gun kits fell and is severely damaged. At this point, it’s likely damaged beyond repair. I’ve been planning to eventually upgrade to a stronger material anyway. Here’s the thing: I superglued the lights, including the bar graph, into the kit and the light covers using cyanoacrylate glue. Can I use acetone to remove them from their places without damaging the kits? I know that acetone can damage some plastics, but due to the cost, I’d really like to salvage a still-working kit if possible.
Bump.
I don’t know if it’s safe but I can’t imagine it holding up too well.
My suggestion is use hot glue. Definitely safe and those boards will stay put.
No, they’re safe to glue with cyanoacrylate. The question is whether I can remove that superglue with acetone without damaging the electronics.
Acetone won’t damage the boards, but they could affect other parts like LEDs and connectors.
The bigger problem is avoiding pulling off any traces from the board so go slow