Attaching a Resin Crank Knob?

Sorry if the answer is already here, but I looked and couldn’t find it. I received my resin crank knob from Colin yesterday, but I’m a bit stuck as to how to attach it. Should I just glue it to my pack, or can I drill into the resin and attach a bolt? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ron

It is up to you, either one will work, but drilling & screwing will help it hold best.

I’m with gb_dan,just watch yourself drilling resin!

You can take out more then you need too.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Go all out.

Install a switch from the inside, and secure the knob to the switch.

That’s how my pack gets turned on/off.

I was also looking for a way to attach the knob so that it will rotate like an actual switch rather than just glueing it flat to the box. Are you aware of any type of “inside switch” in partiuclar that will fit and work well with he cranck knob?

I ordered the knob recently but it has not been shipped yet so I not yet certain of how it will fit above a switch. I’m anxious to get it and work with it tho. :slight_smile:

I’ve used one of these.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=2417

I guess radio shack or somewhere like that will do them in the U.S

You just cut the stalk down to the lenght you want it.

the unit part of the switch has a bolt to attatch it to your pack.

I will admit that I have a real crank knob so I used the allen bolt to attatch it.

Cant see any reason why you couldn’t drill a small enough hole in a resin knob and glue it on :cool:

good idea! Thanks. Yeah I might be able to drill that small hole in the resin knob… thats the thing - i dont have the piece quite yet so i can’t really ■■■■■ whether I can pull that off or not… but either way ur advice helped, thanx.

I can buy and send you one if you’d like…