Bill Murray on the Today Show talks about Ghostbusters 3!

Today on the Today show they had Bill Murray! He talked about his new movie, that was asked about a Ghostbuster 3 movie and he said he had fun doing the video game last summer and that he caught himself singing the song! When asked about the proton packs he said they were heavy but he really looked like he would want to suit up again!

As soon as I find the video I will post it here

I tried posting this in Ghostbusters 3 forum but there was no new topic link there, if a mod could move this it would be great!

Good to hear this, even if its essentially what we heard before. Here’s the video, around 3:00 for the GB part:

http://www.popcrunch.com/bill-murray-the-today-show-video-october-3/

i love his response to straaping a pack on, “its a little heavy. its a lot of batteries.”

you guys think if we show him what a pack in 2008 looks and feels like he’ll jump in his flightsuit and toss a pack on?

some Bill’s answers to the same GB3 question

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/showbiz/denies-Ghostbusters-3-rumours/article-374634-detail/article.html

http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/9415

I now see why Bill is so bitter about GB2. He agreed to star in a sequel based off of a great script, and then they go and ■■■■ that script and Bill has to still star in a subpar movie he didn’t sign on for. :sigh: I’d be ■■■■■■ about it too.

Poor old Bill… and everyone in all those years calling him The Black Sheep of GB’s franchise when he truely love that concept.

Ghostbusters II had a great script?

Do you have a source or are you just talking about the cut scenes?

I think he’s talking about what Murray referred to… and it probably did have at least a good script at one point or Murray wouldn’t have done it. I don’t remember who it was but someone posted bits from one of the scripts for GB2 and it had some funny stuff, like Venkman wanting to change the uniforms to make them more military like.

I’d love to have discussions with the actors about previous ideas from GB2. Could be great!

as for military like uniform… that would have been interesting. On another hand, they do use an army flight suit. lol.

Bill Murray has revealed that he would like to see a girl Ghostbuster in the new movie.

The actor declared an interest in making a third instalment in the franchise last month, but told MTV that he would like to see a female pick up the famed proton pack.

He said: “I think it’d be funny to have a girl Ghostbuster. We don’t have a girl Ghostbuster. I mean, they say like, ‘What if you passed it to Chris Rock?’ And I go, ‘Well, I dunno. Is Chris Rock gonna save us?’ You know, I guess. He’s funny.”

He added: “I just think there’s some funny girls I’d love to see be Ghostbusters.”

It was announced last month that Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg will pen the script for the third Ghostbusters film.

a girl ghostbuster? Sound interesting, if the part is well written.

This morning I saw an interview with Bill Murray on a talk show.It was the Mike & Juliet show on Fox.When questioned about GB3 he said it looks promising and it’s never looked promising before.He also said there was a script being written by the people from The Office and that he thought it was a good idea to get a fresh look at the franchise.

…what a news…

As far as Bill Murray goes, every time he’s asked about GB3/GBTVG, his responses are exactly the same! :sigh:

At least he’s consistent. :slight_smile: It’s just as fans I’m sure we’re aware of all of his appearances and keeping up with it. No real new developments other than what he/we know already. :whatever:

*Another video interview:

*Cheers.

She’s hot…

http://www.3news.co.nz/News/EntertainmentNews/Ghostbuster-Winston-in-Auckland-for-Armageddon/tabid/418/articleID/77192/cat/55/Default.aspx

some ernie’s clarifications about the mess behind Bill, game and possible sequel.

ha! Well, depending on what they use, the packs weighed 35 lbs then (on screen they were supposed to be80 lbs)

so, I don’t think that they will be much lighter. Hollywood has the budget to make something lighter that costs more, so who knows?

There’s another rumor that it might go all CG. If that’s the case, maybe they won’t even need to don the packs? And, with the GB:TVG coming out next year, maybe they’ll tie in the new video game equipment to be used somehow.

//tomasi