blue brick quick question

Will this battery work. I’m running GBfans lights and sound with a vent kit. Any help would b awesome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-12V-DC-9800mAh-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-CCTV-B4-2-3-lens-AF100-GH2-/181550482081?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item2a454082a1

I’m pretty sure it would. But we’ll see what the gurus have to say. Have you considered running 2 batteries?

I really hope it will work. I don’t c y not. But I would like to have an opinion before I buy it since its not the exact same as offered on the shop.

I’ve been very happy with two of these. Total cost is less than one blue brick and if your adventurous & careful you can remove the case to save space. I’d not run the pack electronics and vent kit from a single battery as simultaneous peak current draw from both may overwhelm a single source.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

I have one of these for my GB fans electronics and it works great. I had to custom wire it to power the board though because other wise there is no way to connect the power.

To wire it in to a GBFans board, just snip off one end of the supplied connector, strip the insulation back then connect the wires. If you’d rather not make any permanent changes, use one of these connectors.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

I used this exact battery from that seller. Worked great and it came pre-charged. (Supposedly that can cause damage to the battery but it comes via ground shipping and mine still works fine)

You can get CCTV plug pigtails from amazon that allow you to connect the battery to the gbfans board without rewiring anything.

So do u think I should run a second battery for the vent board. And if so what size. Cause they sell one for the kit.

I’d run a separate battery. The one I linked works fine for either or both. Of course, if you’re gonna be running it straight for 12 hours, you’d want the blue brick for your soundboard but I’m not concerned with having a run time more than 6 hours or so.

I used one of those connectors, works well.

Links in this post may be affiliate links. Purchases made through them help support this site at no additional cost to you.

You should look into how long it takes to charge them too. USUALLY, the less mAh, the quicker they charge. BUT you get less run time (as Bish stated).

EDIT: I have a question guys… This brick that is being questioned, can you just leave them “on” and run a switch to the plug ins or is it suggested that you actually use the on/off switch that these things come with?

I am wondering that too.

I have always chargrd it “off” though “on” may work too. It takes a long time to charge, I charged it all night once and it still wasnt done. But it can apparently run for over 24 hours.

I will speak to the ones I have, although these things might all work the same way.

To charge, plug the charger in and you turn the battery on. The LED on the wall plug will turn orange. When done, the LED on wall plug will turn green and you turn the battery off.

To run, you plug the load in and turn the battery on. When done, you turn the battery off. If you leave it on, the red LED will eventually drain the battery.

I pulled the batteries from their cases, removed the switches (kept the resistors and LEDs) and wired the disconnect and charge/run functions into the Spengler plate. This way you can turn off, run or charge without opening the pack.

I got a DC charging jack that fit the plug at radioshack for like 3 bucks and put it on my mobo. I wrapped the blue brick in electrical tape to make it a black brick and then attached it with high strength velcro. Looks cool and is pretty easy to reach while wearing

I got my battery from the GBfans shop. It’s a 9800 like this one. I got some connecting “pigtail” wires and have almost the exact same set up as Lowberg, feeding the pigtail connectors through a hole in the Mobo and run my GBFans light and sound kit with it. I have had the lights on for 12 hours (with constant “Hum” as well) at a convention table and haven’t had any problem out of it. I store it on the charger so that it is ready at a moment’s notice. Not sure if that’s the best policy, but I have been doing that for a year or so and like I said, haven’t had any problem out of it. My particular battery has to be “on” to charge, but since the battery is housed outside of the pack itself it’s easy to switch it off and on.

I have the same setup. It’s so easy and handy I feel like I’m cheating.