Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade: 2012 Edition

With 2011 coming to a close and everyone’s Halloween & Christmas events behind them, I figured it was about time to get the ball rolling for Boston’s 2012 St. Patrick’s Day parade.

With last year’s parade being such a blast, it’s no surprise that we’ve been accepted once again into Boston’s annual parade, hitting this year on Sunday, March 18. May this thread serve as a simple reminder and touchstone for everyone wanting to get involved. Here are the basics:

The parade is open to everyone who came last year as well as anyone who wants to march with their own gear. The more the merrier. Simply post here or RSVP via the (upcoming) Facebook event so we all know who to expect. Last year the Long Island guys, the Philadelphia & Pittsburg teams, New Hampshire GBs, and a bunch of people across Massachusetts all participated, so let’s open things up a little and see who else wants to come. It can be a real trek getting to New England, but for anyone who’ll be in the area… why not march for 700,000 people? It’s a blast.

Vehicles need to be at Broadway Station at 11:30 AM. Last year we all rendezvoused at Gillette’s parking lot and had ample room & time to get ourselves together, so simply be there by 11:30 and everything should be cool. I’m making an effort to talk the parade people into letting us start marching a little earlier in the parade this year, for those who remember waiting last March.

Here’s the Facebook event- RSVP!

I’m sure there are many questions and potential issues that will pop up, so don’t be a stranger if you have any.

As far as I know, BSGB will be there.

I’m in!

Is there video of this event yet?

Ha!

As long as my pack is finished (which will be days before the parade) and I’m somewhat settled in from my move (which will be days before the parade), I’m down ;).

Pete really wants me there…I will try my best!

YES! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

I am throwing out an invitation to people. I have recently purchased a house in Auburn NH. Its 10 minutes from Manchester NH and 45 minutes north of the start of the parade. I have talked to my wife and she has agreed to take the kids and leave the house for the weekend. I have 3 extra beds available and plenty of couch and floor space available for some cash strapped people. Also I know there was a dinner last year and would like to offer up my house for a dinner for all, we can fry up some turkey, get a keg and some crystal head and party. If not we could all just meet agin for dinner. Anyone attending is invited. But if doesnt matter who comes, Burkit will remain my big spoon.

I call sleeping in one of the beds alone!

Sent from my DROIDX using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Lee you live the next town over, this is for people who are travelling

:nicejobyoudid: :stuck_out_tongue:

If there is room for an illinois ghostbuster to participate then I would love to, please PM me

Are you getting a banner made again this year?

Aw, it’s about that time once again.

Hell yes.

Pittsburgh won’t be there, ours is the same day. Sorry!

WHAT?

NO SAM?

BAD JOB YOU DID!

ffff seriously, man, I was looking forward to seeing you! Ah, there’ll be other times! Do have fun at your event, though! And may your birthday be an awesome one!

To everyone else going, bring your LifeGards, and let’s make some music.

Just do the PGH parade and then fly up to Boston!

No Sam or Brandon Thats not good

…MAYBE.