check out my new Ghostbusters beam test on youtube

Here it is Hope you guys like it I think it is MUCH better than my first attempt. This one was hand drawn frame by frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaTBRYvMqFM

HUUUUGE improvement! Good job!

Thank you!! Appreciate it. Glad you like it.

Nice work there. Major improvement from the last. Good stuff. :slight_smile:

That was cool! ow you just need to burn some things badly : )

I liked it. Since you said you did it frame by frame, approximately how long did it take you to do?

I’m trying to create some beams for my little fan film trailer, and I’m using Adobe Premiere. It has an effect called “lightning” which works okay I guess, but the starting point and ending points remain constant from the beginning to the end of whichever clip you’re altering. So if the subject (ghostbuster) moves, then the “beam” is off-kilter, and doesn’t look right obviously.

Did you have similar problems? Are you running the same software, or different?

Thanks!

No I am not using adobe programs except premeire to edit the movie together. I am using a program from FXHOME.COM called Effectslab lite. (there is pro and lite) It is just over $100.00 if you want to buy it and I highly recomend you do. Its similiar to using photoshop in that you just draw directly on the canvas. Now what I did was draw a curvy orange line on a black canvas and manipulated it frame by frame then went back and did the blue lightning the same way. Then once I had 17 frames I rendered it and used another program from FXHOME.COM called Chromanator. The entire effect took me a few weeks to finish but if I had sat and worked diligently would of only taken me an hour or two.Chromanator is now obselete and has been replaced with composite lab. Another program that costs just over $100.00. What I did was laid my movie in one track then the video of the effect in another. Opened the properties of the effect and told it to composite as ADD not NORMAL. this eliminated the black. Then I switched modes and clicked animate and positioned the effect where I wanted it. It did not matter if I moved because I could adjust the beam to wherever I wanted it. I hope this helps It’s a little hard to follow but I highly recomend these programs as you can do any effect you can imagine with them.

That was awesome!