After making my ecto goggles and them turning out a little sticky, I bought a can of the spray clear coat thats matte. What I’m wondering is when I finish my proton pack, and put the labels on, should I clear coat over that? Or do the clear coat first? Any opinions?
Clear coat the labels FIRST. Otherwise, wherever your labels are everything will have that same finish, which you don’t want.. you want the labels to have their own unique finish.
If you are going to sandpaper/stain distress them, do that first, and then clearcoat.
Use a lacquer based spray on labels, not a water base.
Water based sprays will make the ink run.
Also use mulitple very light “dust” coats, rather then a heavy coat.. that will also eliminate the ink running.
(Depending on what ink jet ink and paper you use, it could already be somewhat water resistant.)