Converting a GB M.O.D wand to replace a Spirit pack wand and spirit pack mod

Hi all, This is my first real post here. I wanted to share this in case it helps someone down the road. I am currently waiting on my first spirit pack to arrive . I have read all over the place that the wand was a bit small. I had seen where some people had mentioned using the GB M.O.D toy wand as a replacement. I have seen a couple of videos of paint jobs and one where someone added it to there pack. I plan to take mine a step further. The wand is getting a paint job, some modifications and I’m going to try to retro fit a frankengeek wand kit into the wand. I’ll keep my progress posted here.

Ordered a bunch of goodies for the wand and pack today! Will post updates as parts come in and are installed.

I look forward to seeing your progress. As far as I’m concerned the MOD Blaster is probably the best option for replacing that Tiny Spirit wand. It’s built to take a pounding so if it slips off the hook you shouldn’t have to worry about it shattering into pieces and it’s close to the scale of the Spirit Pack.

Spirit pack came in and has been stripped and getting ready to be painted.

I have some fresh decals on the way for it as well.

Painted a couple of parts for the wand and did a quick mock up to see how its going to look

Looks much better painted Black. I’m guessing you used flat black?

Yep flat black on both the wand and pack

Another update. Very happy with how its coming together

This is a really cool idea! Let me know how it turns out! I have absolutely no tinkering skills but if it’s rather simple to swap the crappy spirit wand with this I may give it a shot.

Its not too terrible, more time consuming than anything. The hardest part to it is cutting out some of the plastic inside the want to make room for the frankengeek circuit board. If you are just going to swap the spirit wand internals over it wouldn’t be bad at all.

I am also converting a M.O.D wand but 3d printing replacements parts. I joined the Patreon page of Ghostbuster Gear, recommend, so I could get his battery lid/V hook replacement and movie thrower parts.

I am also printing various Thingiverse files for knurled knobs and Clippards. Going to be installing a paint booth here over the holidays so no painted pics yet.

So on the Patreon there is another file for the hose connection. Which one would you guys pick?

Thanks!

Greg

I did the same thing! I went with the first adapter for the split hose. My printed parts just came in today so I’ll update later with pictures

Another update with some 3d printed parts installed.

Question. Does Ghostbusters Gear send you the 3D printed part or do you have to download and 3d Print the part yourself? Because If He’s just designing the part it would be no good to me as I don’t have a 3D printer.

You have to download and print the parts. I don’t have a printer either so I found a reasonably price service online to print them for me

Got a link? The Parts I have are just a little too small.

This is the site I used for my printing Craftcloud® | Streamlined Service for 3D Printing & CNC Machining

Thanks. I checked them out and had a Afterlife heatsink and the thrower tip on order for 3D printing. Did you add a light to the vent on yours? I plan to do that with mind.

Yea mine has a Frankengeek spirit wand kit installed in it. I have all the lights except the bar graph. If I chose to do it over I would have gone with the Frankgeek “80-90%” wand kit. It would have allowed me to make use of the bar graph light. I wish I had planned ahead a little better. I still might make the switch and sell my spirit wand kit.