Converting young children into GB fans

I just wanted to let all you guys know that in recent weeks it seems i have now converted my 3 (soon to be 4) year old daughter into a fan of the RGB, as she now usually asks at least once a day for me to put my boxset on which i obviously have no problem doing, just gives me that extra time to “geek” out

She normally just watches a couple of episodes but during those 40 or so minutes i look over at her & she is glued to the tv screen & she seems to genuinely enjoy it, although a couple of episodes she doesnt seem to like because of certain scary looking creatures but in the main she does take in what she is watching & she seems to be a fan of Slimer like we all were at that age i suppose

Do any of your young siblings sit with you & watch this great tv show, beats sitting there watching the garbage thats on these days?

:cool:

I tride to watch some RGB with my gf’s younger cousin. I think he was entertaining me more than anything as he did sit there and watch them, but seemed completly uninterested. Little punk kept asking when we were going to watch a movie? WHen are we going to play some video games? When are we going to watch cartoons? wait…WHAT?! We’re watching cartoons already you little Pecker! I’m pouring illustrated gold right in to your squishy little noggin and you want to play a video game??? GAHHHH! Anyway, I’ve tried.

I’ve converted a friend’s grandsons (it started out unintentionally, I swear). I screened the first movie for them a few weekends ago, they found the second movie themselves, and now the older one (5) is asking about the cartoon. I’m currently working on burning them a few DVDs.

My five year-old nephew is now a full-fledged Ghosthead as well! I went to my parents’ house and got all of my old toys and showed him some of the cartoons and some scenes from the first movie… He didn’t put down the toys all this past weekend except to watch the movie or cartoons.

My three year old daughter got addicted to the two movies once I built my pack, and then the two episodes of RGB on the GB2 disc. So much so that when I ran out to get a compact flash reader for the sound card in my pack at Best Buy last week (their readers are hanging right nest to the last aisle of DVDs) I turned around to find her holding the volume one set of RGB and asking “Daddy, we can buy this?”

Needless to say, it came home with us, and she asks to watch it every morning during breakfast. She’s getting the full series boxset for her birthday next week.

That’s so sweet Peaugh.

I unfortunately have no younger siblings, or any children (yet)

But I much rather show my kids cartoons like RGB and Ninja Turtles, as opposed to some of the other toons out there nowadays. No offense to those by any means, but I believe cartoons were a lot better back in our days.

That’s because they were. They were written much more intelligently than about 98% of the ■■■■ that’s come out recently.

I’m totally building a containment unit for my nephew… Challenge: He and his parents will be here in 2 weeks, and I’m in the middle of building 2 packs. Double Challenge: Fix my digital camera to get pics…

Well, for her birthday yesterday my now officially three-year-old got the Complete Real Ghostbusters DVD set from Time/Life and the Slimer minimate from the Louis and Slimer set. Both were huge hits.

I have turned my 2 nephews and my friends nephew into little ghostheads.

everytime i go over to any of their houses, Ghostbusters 1 or 2 is on. I have loaned them all RGB DVD’s so they know the cartoon well.

Now, across the street from me there is a lady that lives with her twin boys, they are about six. I have shown them the cartoons and they went ape shit which is awesome, but she wont let them watch the movies! She thinks they will be too scary for them.

I disagree and believe that its not good to shelter children too much in that respect. A more racy movie, absolutely wait until they’re older, but Ghostbusters? C’mon lady!

When I asked her why, she told me word for word, “I’m trying to keep them under a rock”

:sigh:

Well its been nearly a month while my daughter has been watching episodes of the RGB, not everyday because she doesnt get chance but certainly most days, in fact im putting one on for her in a moment after i have typed this

Her favourite characters are Slimer & Ray, she has even started to sing along to the intro music & sometimes even do the GB dance in the end credits :cool:

I hope this isnt a phase she is going through with liking Ghostbusters, hope she takes to it like i did when i was a kid, certain episodes have made her jump but in the main she has been fine

I think its great that she can sit there & enjoy whats on the screen, so what that the series is over 20 years old just goes to show how great the series was/is

My friend also thought it was going to be “too scary”.

At the dream ghost sequence, the only raised eyebrows in the room were…hers. The boys were too young to get it completely (one of those things that’s hysterical when you’re 5 just cuz).

:sigh: …at least she admits that (for what it’s worth). I’ve known people whose parents kept them under a rock…my only comment there is “wow, and I thought I was socially clueless”.

Yes the younger boy saw a terror dog under his bed, but that only lasted until I showed up in uniform a few days later and sucked it up with an old Dustbuster :wink: (the “proof” was glow paint inside the nozzle)…my reasoning for using it (“I think your parents would be really mad if I blew up your room”) was met with awe and “can you make our vacuum suck up ghosts too?”

My ten year old nephew is going out this Halloween in full gear. Thanks to FunkPunkTwang, he’ll have a screen accurate pack that’s 2/3 scale- just the right size for the guy.

I’ll toss up a picture of him in his full gear whenever he tosses it on.

for me since i got the dvd set i would start with the slimer cartoons since my 2 year old nephew and i watch the family friendly stuff like rudy and max,mickey mouse clubhouse and phineas and ferb.then when he reaches 5 or 6 then i would introduce him to the real ghostbusters cartoons.by the time he reaches 10 or 11 then i would let him see the ghostbusters movies by then he would be an official fan.i plan to do the same when i have my own kids.

p.s. i meant to say max and ruby.

My little brother like them so much,but the show just give fear to him,specially the Boogieman. xDDDDD

We saw the episode on the twon of my grabdparents,and he went to sleep with me at the middle of the night. Poor boy. xD

My (almost) four-year-old daughter LOVES RGB. She dressed up as one for Halloween, and we’re going to involve her a little more in our state group as she gets older. She’s been wanting to see what we do when we go out. My one-year-old son will hopefully get into it, too.

We’re making our way through the RGB box set, but I haven’t let her see the movies yet. I’m waiting until she gets little older for those.

These are great stories, guys. :cool:

Ive managed to turn my two kids into GB nutters too lol. Ive been hooked since the first movie came out when i was a wee nipper but since the game came out my 7 year old son has become totally hooked on anything GB. Ive lost my copy of the game (it now resides in his XBox in his room and im not allowed to have it back) and he saved up all his pocket money so i could get him the 6" figures that were recently released which i did. Found Ray, Egon Winston and a Gozer all together for £30, no boxes though.

We also got him season 1 of the Real Ghostbusters and as soon as my 3 year old daughter saw Slimer, she became hooked on it too lol. She is scared of Stay Puft though bless her.

Just yesterday i started gathering parts to build my own proton pack and they are both so eager to help bless 'em. All 3 of us are driving my wife insane hehehe :slight_smile:

I successfully got my 13 year old twin brothers hooked on GB as toddlers, no joke one day when they were 3 and I had to watch them all I had to do wa put in Ghostbusters 2 they watched 7 times in a row. Now I have a 3 year old cousin who absolutely loves GB in fact she knows about me and the AZ GB’s and thinks that im really a Ghostbuster.Also one of the AZ GB’s (Neal ) looks a lot like Bill Murray and she thinks he is really Dr Peter Venkman. She is convinced that the rookie is me and always asks where big cousin is at every time she watches the movies as she expects me to come out.