This video is from a paranormal investigation group in Seaside, NJ called Spectors Investigations who attempted to have their own reality show ala Ghost Hunters…
Their investigation trucks are very cool, but use of emergency equipment like this is illegal… or at least it is here in Mo! These guys also work as EMTs and firefighters, so the emergency gear on the vehicles was more than likely previously installed, but ALL limit its use to official use only…
I know in PA, those lights would have been illegal to run on the road. The straight blue lights are volunteer firefighter lights and the red/blue are police lights here. As for NJ (aka PA’s beach front property haha) I’m pretty sure they can’t run them while driving either.
I think (its been a while since I’ve seen a Jersey cop car) that NJ Police use red light bars and blue for volunteer fire fighters.
Hey guys, let’s betray the trust bestowed upon us as public servants by pretending to catch ghosts!
I’m not criticizing the look of these cars, but the fact that people are blurring the line between fiction and reality in a way that betrays the trust put in them as public servants. Slapping emergency lighting on top of a car for entertainment purposes is one thing (not saying it is good), but then confusing the public by using these vehicles in an official capacity is quite another.
I give you NJ Spectors Investigations…
I bet they know that “spector” is actually a misspelling of “specter” or “spectre”, they probably just think it is either more badass, or clever with it being a mash-up of “inspector”. The world may never know.
Gotta love a website with embedded sound effects, because that is certainly NOT tacky and annoying.
This video… holy ■■■■.
What is it with people making videos about their volunteer vehicle lights and setting them to Linkin Park… seriously?
Holy ■■■■ guys, look at all the ORBS! Nevermind that it recently rained, or is still raining, and that there is a lot of moisture in the air to reflect the flash, GOASTS! Don’t believe me? You must be a sceptic! That’s right, a sceptic!
" …ALL SCEPTICS…YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE - SCEPTICAL PERSON - A PERSON WHO IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY DO TO HAVING AN INDECISIVE ATTITUDE ON ANY MATURE LEVEL OF THOUGHT, AS THE FINAL WORD ON ANYTHING! "
We ain’t afraid of no… spellcheck? Re-reading before posting? Nothing? Okay, I think I am going to take back the part about them knowing “spector” is a misspelling.
“We spoke to a ranger that has been there on night patrol for 30+ years…even he says its all bull. Matter of fact, he tells us that the armed forces run in the area above and around Clinton Road in helicopters in silent mode. This mode takes the chop out of the helicopters rotor blades.”
You can’t be serious. Wait, you ARE? Oh god my nose is bleeding!
Okay, this could have been cool.
Getting to go to the old zeppelin hangers at Lakehurst, some of the most cavernous structures in the world (so big they actually have their own interior micro climate… that’s right, it RAINS inside!) and getting to look around. But no, you’re not deserving.
“Base Personnel - Reports of activity at the crash site. Human appearances seen around the crash site to the Hindenberg Hanger. Many reports of disembodied voices, and strange occurrences.”
As a previous member of The American Ghost society and a once very serious paranormal investigator (I just don’t have time to study that anymore too). This is what disgusts me…this is why I hate stuff like Ghost Hunters…its blemishes the science and is why it will never be taken serious enough to go anywhere.
Here in PA, the blue lights are to be used only by firefighters…and the name of the owner who has them equipped on their vehicle must be supplied to the chief of the fire department as well as the Pennsylvania State Police. If you are no longer an active fire fighter, they are supposed to come off your vehicle.
I see the point of where some peope would see some of these vehicles as emergency vehicles, but keep in mind here, those with blue lights cannot install sirens, and they must obey all rules of the road when responding with a blue light. Other vehicles should extend them the courtesy of allowing them to pass and get to wherever they are going…this doesn’t happen often though from what I see.
Being a police officer myself, I personally would think it would be funny to see one of these running down the road with the lights and sirens…I would not personally cite anyone for using them, but you might be warned you shouldn’t use them. Now, that’s not to say all police officers would take that position. Just about every other state allows these lights on the emergency vehicles only. Some allow them to be installed but require them to be covered. Technically, PA states that they cannot even be installed…only way to get around it would be to install a clear light bar with blue LEDS that only show their color when turned on…