Ecto 1 sedan...

Has anyone ever built an ecto out of a sedan before? I’ve been thinking about building one and I have a chevy malibu so I’m not sure if it will look good.

In addition, what the laws about adding lights and siren in Florida

:sigh:

This fellow made one out of an Impala sedan, they might be able to give you a few pointers.

However, according to Florida State Statuates;

Of course, that’s just me googling. You could always contact your local police department and ask them “Hey, have you ever seen Ghostbusters? Yeah well I’m building my own Ecto-1 as a project. Am I allowed to install a blue light bar provided that I keep it covered while driving, or is it not allowed at all?”

There has to be SOME sort of caveat or something somewhere, because otherwise how would tv and movie productions be able to film scenes with prop police vehicles in the state, other than by renting them from actual police departments?

I have seen that some vehicles are permitted green or amber flashing lights, no mention of purple that you usually only see with funeral processions - so that might be your alternative.

I did up my 94 Ford Crown Victoria (daily driver) like 5 or 6 years ago, It still has all the stickers on it lol :blush:

I never had the time or money to do roof rack but I do bolt a lightbar on it for a few days around halloween or if I really want to embarrass my family when they like to think im a taxi! My mom LOVES driving it she has even stolen my flight suit on occasion lol

image

image

image

I’ve got a 2001 Impala Police car and I think it turned out pretty well. Never been to Florida, but I put Amber, Green and Purple lights on mine and it looks pretty dope. Just decided to avoid Red/Blue all together.

image