CRIX wand board audio setup help

I have all three of the Crix boards and it doesn’t look like there is a good tutorial out yet so I’m trying to figure it out. The three sound outputs on the wand board where to they go?

image

By starbuckcylon at 2012-09-16

image

I went ahead and color coded your picture to try and help sort out what should be connected where. The colors are less important than connecting the right things in the right places. The wand kit includes a 3 conductor cable with no connectors or switches on either side, that’s the cable meant to connect the sound kit there.

If you want the non-humming wind-down, just connect the red cable to the 5th sound bank’s positive pin.

Got it.

I was kind of confused on this too but after tracing paths, there was only one sound that the switches didn’t directly go.

Hey starbuckcylon, I’m a total novice to stuff like this. I just received Crix’s complete kit and while I have figured out some of the connections, I am completely lost with everything else. Is there any way you could post some pics showing your complete setup?

Sure, It was very confusing the photo above is wrong the Red and White wires need to be flipped. Let’s start with why those are on the board. The trigger button (black tip) is a simple momentary switch that triggers the sound FX and lights up the two LEDS. Those two LEDS are the ones with the Yellow / Black and the Blue/Black wires. The other switches are a DPDT (double pole / double throw) which means it can turn on two separate circuits at one time. So one would turn on the pack lights while the other triggers the sound FX… The black tip momentary switch is not a DPDT so the board is taking care of it. The black wire is the ground and the red and white wires goes to the on and off stream FX on the sound effects board (which runs on 3 volts).

Also both the wand board and the pack board can be run off 9- 12 volts but they both have to be powered from the same battery. Not two separate batteries other wise the wand lights come on but the pack lights won’t.

I’ll have my pack done by the weekend and will share some photos.

Jim