Hey guys.
A fellow fan’s just let me know that on Tuesday the 14th of May there’s going to be a Crystal Head Vodka signing at Selfridges (400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB) in London between 5:30pm and 7:00pm with Dan Aykroyd.
Hey guys.
A fellow fan’s just let me know that on Tuesday the 14th of May there’s going to be a Crystal Head Vodka signing at Selfridges (400 Oxford Street, London W1A 1AB) in London between 5:30pm and 7:00pm with Dan Aykroyd.
Its gonna cost me a fortune but i am gonna make!!! Hopefully he’ll be signing a few extra items like he has done at other events, i’d like to get my GBII poster signed and a couple of photos signed and get a posed photo with him, thats the dream!!
THIS IS IT, THIS IS DEFINATELY IT!!!
I’m going to definitely attend this, I almost screamed when I found out, haha. I just hope buying the Vodka is optional, I don’t even drink alcohol (anymore), and it seems pretty steep for something I no longer do, ha.
I’m afraid to say you do have to buy a bottle of vodka to meet him, but its totally worth it to meet the living legend that is Danny Aykroyd!!!
I thought so, I also e-mailed Selfridges just to make sure. It was my birthday this Tuesday just gone so that’s what I’m going to treat myself to. I’m gonna have to start drinking again and I think of it as paying for something to get signed, not as an alcoholic beverage. It’ll be worth it. The turnout (on the FB page) doesn’t look too high, which could be good for a few reasons. Not to mention, Selfridges have nothing to do with the event, so it’s down to Dan and his agents how long he spends with each person.
weird, last time I just managed to get away with buying a bottle of his wine…guess it changed!
I don’t think they sell his wine there, at least not on the website they don’t.
There’s been a bit of back and forth on the issue of whether people who don’t buy a bottle can get to meet him.
A couple of guys present at the last UK signing were able to meet him without having to buy a bottle.
I will be going, but can’t justify buying a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka at the moment… if we’re lucky to get a moment to grab a group photo then that’ll be good enough for me until my financial situation improves (hopefully if I’m not able to properly meet him this time, he’ll be back for another UK signing next year).
I kinda hope not, because for me, it’s a lot to spend on something that I’m not going to drink. I’ll post part of the e-mail I was sent;
and this is the most recent e-mail;
Let’s hope we get a good amount of time, rather than being rushed.
I think it’ll be important to keep the possibility of disappointment in mind as a way of softening the blow, should us non-bottle buyers not be allowed to meet. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to shake his hand even if we can’t get anything signed.
And as I said, hopefully we’ll be able to get a group photo, which might allow for a bit of flexibility.
Seeing as they’re not running the event (as opposed to what I thought), you may stand a chance of getting something signed. I’m gonna try and not buy one just on the off chance that that is indeed a possibility.
And I don’t think he could refuse to have a group photo with some of you guys in full costume (or not) ![]()
I was at this and it was AWESOME! We had a good group of us UKGBs all in gear attend. Some bought the vodka and some didn’t/couldn’t. Those who did, even the small 700ml bottle (not the rollling stones limited edition) did get to meet him and have items signed; the bottle and up to five other items.
before he left however he made it all worth it for those who didn’t get the chance to shake his hand by posing for a group photo with all of us.
I saw all the rad guys in their full gear. Although I was a pansy and didn’t talk to any of them ![]()
Pretty sure that I spent most of my day in Selfridges, I got into London around 11am and bummed most of the time in there. Glad I went though, I was 2nd in the line, although I didn’t want to be that near the front, haha. The guy that took my photo (who worked at Selfridges) was pretty shoddy and got me mid-sentence talking to Dan. However, I didn’t know what to say, which is very rare. He was lovely and I got a hug outta him :3
When I was with him though, there was a guy he was talking to me about, the guy who was taking photos and they’ll be uploaded. Although I’m not entirely sure where or when.
P.S Bummed to not know about him singing at the NOLA Bar that evening… who posts events that he’s doing? I’ve looked around the net but there’s nothing.