Cyclotron ring idea.

And on the same token and honestly not a slag (as you will see this issue with MANY of the cyclotrons of the past) but take your vac formed cyclotron and try to position the correct size N-Filter in the proper location without it overlapping a ring or extending past the outer edge of the pack shell, or the need to rotate it to the 6:30 location… Like I said this is no a slag but it is a documented problem that came up over and over again over the years as people built parts to Stefan’s plans and tried to assemble the packs and said “WTF” a lot of people don’t care and a lot of people still build packs as the plans show…

And just so you know I’m not picking on you here is a link to Venkman71s (not targeting Sean either I just know he has great pictures of his progress and they are easy to locate) awesome older pack builds, some of the best builds of the past.. You can clearly see that the N-Filer isn’t fitting right and extends past the edge of the pack a good deal, unlike the reference photos here show where it ends pretty much even with the shell…

image

And it’s not just a mm here and there it’s actually quite a bit off… This is why people took a closer look at this location and discovered the plans were incorrect…

I see what you mean, the N-Filteron my packs overlap the bottom right cyclotron ring slightly so that it merges with the edge of the spacer. I did use a pringles can for my N-Filter though so i’m not particularly bothered about it being exact. But hats off to those who do.

I think to each his own but I def. commend Exoray and others who strive for perfection because it is they who provide the helpful info we all rely on.