Cyclotron size.

Pchrisbosh believed that the Cyclotron & its base should both be about 1/4" bigger than what it is on existing plans (so 9.25 for the cyclotron itself, and 10.25 for the base). His reasoning was that if you went with what’s on the existing plans, the ribbon cable clamp would not hang over the edge of the spacer, which he believed it should (by about 1/8"). He talks about it in this post, in his build thread.

Anyone have any comments this?

Aight brodude. Literally everything you need to know about the packs, the parts, the plans, the measurements and every little nook and cranny is available on this site.

Not everyone is going to be here to spoonfeed you all the information. You need to take initiative. Nobody is going to hold your hand throughout the entirety of prop building. The forums are an amazing place chock-full of information. That’s why there’s a search bar at the top of the forum. Use it. I’m 98% positive it’ll answer nearly every single question you have.

I was asking because Stephan’s are hard for me to read and I thought I had a found item, why is it everyone assumes I didn’t read, it’s really starting to piss me off

Ignore it, That’s how some talk around here. Ask a newbi question and there are those who will always say “Use the search Engine.” Some just don’t have the patience to answer the same question more than once or twice or a Hundred times.

There are some things the search engine is good for but there will be times when you will need to figure out on your own as you build. Someone might say “You have to do this, this and this,” But you might be able to come up with a way of doing it that no one has thought of.

1 Like

Seriously dude dont start another soap opera of a thread. Its simple, stop creating multiple threads for simple questions, do some research before starting said threads and biggest of all have some humility. This whole its pissing me off gig is seriously getting fn old and you only just showed up. Chill out with the emotional crap and put that effort into your pack build

3 Likes

I think both sides need to be less confrontational, whether we mean to be or not. Lets take a step back and breath for a bit.

1 Like

There isnt any confrontation here its a wake up call. The fact is if he cant control some of this drama because people give suggestions then maybe he should stop starting threads that the very purpose is to allow members to “suggest”.

2 Likes

There has to be a better way to do it though. If you are sick of multiple threads and are tired of answering Newbi questions then simply ignore the threads and move on to something you like.

It’s to be expected that there will be new members who are not used to being a part of an online community and will make Multiple threads and such. It’s a Rookie Mistake.

Sure its expected, but its also expected to stop when its advised to do so. Im not sick of the multiple threads, im not sick of the newbie questions. Im sick of the melodramatic crap that keeps coming up because he doesnt like what people suggest. Pay attention to what my first post was actually about. On that note im not gonna continue a flame war. I made my suggestion, I said it how I saw fit and ill leave it at that to allow this thread to maybe get back on topic

1 Like

Maybe he doesn’t like How it’s suggested. You could have good intentions and yet come off as an A-hole. That might not be what you intended, but sometimes that’s how a guy reading it is going to interpreted it.

I’m don’t want to cause shit here, so lets not derail this any further. I don’t want to turn this into “You’re an Idiot! No You’re an idiot!”

1 Like

Since your suggestion I haven’t made a thread, only answered posts. Newbies are going to ask questions. I’m trying to take people’s suggestions in but I’m not going to ignore a thread I made either. My being upset is every question I ask is met with someone at some point saying “read the plans”. I’ve read them. Don’t assume someone hasn’t. If you suspect they haven’t then say something like “it’s X, it’s on page Y of plan Z, check those out” but I keep getting " read the plans and be quiet" type answers even AFTER I take a suggestion so the people who are complaining aren’t reading the thread to see what’s been said and just feel like jumping on the newb. THAT is what’s pissing me off.

He’s got a point there, those plan’s are not exactly Newbie Friendly. Especially when it comes to measurements. I gave up trying to get Exact measurements and just rounded every measurement off as best as I could. If there were Plans that could be printed out and traced onto wood or material of Choice that would be a lot easier but no one has done that yet.

As a sidebar, if you do get tired of one member’s posts, I’d invite you simply to add them to your “Friend or Foe” option via your profile, which should mean their posts are hidden unless you choose to read them.

Now let’s return to the topic: Cyclotron sizing. :slight_smile:

If I can make a suggestion: WalMart sells a 9" NordicWare cake pan that works perfectly, somewhere around ten bucks.