Cyclotron size.

How big are the cyclotron supposed to be. I know the synchronous generator is supposed to be 12 inches but how big are the cyclotron supposed to be.

1 Like

You might have a look at the Equipment Plans section: http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/plans/

Specifically Stefan’s Plans: http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Stefan_Otto’s_Prop_Plans

Stefan’s plans might be a bit out of date, but the Cyclotron measurements (except for the rings) are still good.

Stefan’s plans put the Cyclotron at around 10 inches wide at the widest part, this is corroborated by Sean Bishop’s plans and by my own Venky shell Cyclotron.

:slight_smile:

Ok mines a tad small, 8 inches, it can stay a cookie tin

The base should be about 10" OD with the main section being 9" OD (with a 0.125" radius bevel).

Xavior

Sorry if this come across as rude, but maybe it would be better to make ONE thread called “Xavior’s questions about proton packs” and put all your questions in there rather than creating a new thread every time you have a new question.

Do that the same for the uniform section and any other section.

Then all you need to do is bump the thread when you have a new question and possibly edit the name of the thread to your new question.

Good idea had not thought of that might save on thread space

It would also make it easier for you to find all the info you need in one spot. :slight_smile:

I used a Microwave Cover for my pack. I was fortunate to find one that didn’t have any holes and was just the right size for the cyclotron. It would probably also be easier to drill out holes in it than a cake pan.

the thing I’m having the most problem with at the moment is the Syncronus Generator, pain the can to find stuff for that.

I had the same issue, looked around and couldn’t find anything suitable. I ended up looking up the plans here from Norm’s to Stefan’s and built that spacer Piece by Piece which turned out to be very hard to do. My Syncronus Generator is made up of individually cut wooden pieces (cut to roughly the proper measurements) and glued/ screwed together. It was the absolute hardest thing to do on my pack.

I suggest looking at the fan section and seeing what builders have done to get around the issue.

I recommend my scratch build thread, the link to which is in my signature. It was a fun piece to tackle :slight_smile:

There’s not really any “found” item that’s going to work for the Synchronous Generator. If you want it to look right, you’re going to have to build it from scratch.

Yeah, trying to figure that out now

What material are you wanting to usek? Wood, styrene, and foam-core are all relatively easy to work with.

Foam core , but I’m trying to figure out how to make the side of it

Or after review, it might be Styrene…whats the difference between Styrene and Foamboard/Foamcore?

Dude, seriously? http://www.google.com

1 Like

I think he means as a construction material.

Yeah, it’s hard to tell from the pictures online