did anyone have to make any changes to stefan's plans??

im making stefan’s proton pack on Google Sketch Up and its looking good so far but i wanted to see did anyone make any modifications or changes to the measurements or pack itself when making theirs? im almost done with it and ill be able to get a better idea of how itll come out.

also does the proton pack feel a little small to anyone? i mean im a 6’2’’ guy and the length and width of the whole thing seems a little small. just curious

To my understanding there are some discrepancies with the listed measurements, and a few things were discovered after the plans were completed, but I typically ignore the numbers and just print the plans at 1:1 scale to work with. Not sure how that all works with Sketch Up, but if you could import the plans and build your 3d image on top of them, then you should be able to just scale it to the correct size. Everything is pretty much proportionate with everything else.

ok so its safe to say that if it comes out good on the program i can make it no problem.

what specifically was the discrepancies and the few things you are talking about? i mean were they major things or just small stuff?

anything i should watch out for?

It looks small right now because you’re 6’2"..

Assuming you’re old enough, if you saw the movies when you were a kid, the packs probably would have looked much bigger, and MOAR AW3SOM3R! =3

Some parts need updates such as tube diameters (booster tube)

When I was little, I thought my uncle was the tallest person on earth. He doesn’t seem so tall since we’re now the same height :slight_smile:

I remember when i was building my very 1st pack and colin’s motherboard arrived. I remember thinking “erm has he sent me a childs size board?”. Yes the pack does seem alot smaller in real life.

Someone was working on updating Stefan’s plans but I don’t know what happen to it though… he may given up on it or did not have time to finish it. If I can find the post, I let you know.

I believe secrecyguy is correct, but I too do not remember who was taking on that task, maybe AJ and Namebrand.

I do not know exactly where because I am normally ignoring the numbers, but what I am meaning to say is, the plans are drawn in 1:1 scale, so if you printed them out and took a ruler to them then the measurements would be dead on. But supposedly there are a few typos in the listed measurements. For example, a piece might be listed as being 2.5"x2.5", but if you took a ruler to it then it’s actually 2.5"x2.25".

Also, of the four round rings on the front of the cyclotron, the two on the bottom are supposed to be slightly smaller than the ones on the top. That detail wasn’t confirmed until after the plans were created, so they need to be updated. Hopefully someone else can post the exact measurements of the bottom rings.

Discussion of the ring dimensions and other changes to Stefan’s plans in this thread: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9307

actually i dindnt make any changes! but i had to recalculate some measurments, because not all lenght and so were on the plans! it workedlike this: “well… if this end is long then this must be about this long!” and so on!

but yes! after i draw the first part on wood (the motherboard) i also thought: man this is smaller than expected!

Wasn’t there a set of pictures of a guy wearing Dan’s pack to get it signed? Where is that pack now?

Interesting that no one has provided any new info/measurements/details other than a few show off pictures.

If I had that thing, I wouldn’t even eat until I had all the numbers…

Who is this legendary Stefan anyway? We’ve all (mostly) built packs using his great plans but who and where is this guy? Is he even a real person :slight_smile: I can’t remember in the whole time I’ve been a part of this site ever seeing a post by him…

According to legend, he was Ivo Shandor’s assistant in the 20s. He died in a federal raid on Shandor’s cult in the 30s, and came back at the end of the last millenium to propagate Ghostbusters’ tech in the general populace to get his revenge on Shandor. His Proton Pack plans had been the number one source of Ghostbusting ever since they’ve been conjured from the afterlife.

At least that’s what I heard. :stuck_out_tongue:

stefan = bugstomper (i think).

I’ve been wondering about this Stefan myself. Being an avid member of the Nerf community, there is also a mysterious Stefan there as well. He was the one who first released plans/information on the creation of homemade Nerf darts. I have been wondering if it’s the same Stefan. If it is the same person, he also disappeared from the Nerf community as well, this would be interesting to investigate, but there doesn’t seem to be much information.

Ahh Stefan darts. I’ve still got a pile of those sitting around…and probably a few welts.

I think stefan is still a regular poster over at the aliens legacy board. (if it’s the Stefan im thinking of) goes by the name bugstomper. I’ll shoot him a PM and point him towards this thread.

It’s the destiny of all of us, sooner or later… we leave our mark and we then we eventually disappear.

Very mysterious, almost ‘spooky’ :slight_smile:

Just got this from Stefan himself. Rather interesting info :slight_smile: