Does anyone else have any RGB Animation Cels/Backgrounds?

image

image

Well, I thought this would be a fun thread. Most of us here seem to be big fans of RGB. I was wondering if any of you guys had animation cels/backgrounds from the original show. I own the two pictured above, and both feature original production backgrounds. It’s great to own a piece of animation, and GB history. Let’s see pics if any of you guys have some! :slight_smile:

I’ve got three. One of Stay Puft with Slimer sitting on his shoulder, which has a sky background. The other two appear to be from the same scene, or, at least a similar situation. The first is the four GBs huddled together with Slimer in there as well, and the other is Egon, Ray, and Winston listening as Peter tells them something. Don’t have any pictures of them, though. Maybe I can get some after Christmas.

Chris

Here is mine. Picked it up a while ago have it hanging on my wall.

It’s from Episode 86 Halloween II 1/2

I’ll try get some digital photos of mine, but I’m the proud owner of two original animation cels.

Not terribly exclusive given how many of them there are… but they’re a nice piece to have… especially if you’re into animation.

I hear ya there. It’s still definitely awesome to own them. I still want to get a piece of the original film reel for the GB movie. That’s one thing I don’t have is any film cels. It’s such a cool collectible though. There’s something about owning the originals that makes it really cool. I Can’t wait to see more pics.

I just won all these on eBay. I’m planning to review my copies of the cartoon on DVD soon to find out which episodes the 3 unknown cels came from.

The Sandman **(Episode 7 “Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream” **

The Crew (Episode Unknown)

Ghosts attacking the City (Episode Unknown)

Egon Talking to Slimer (Episode Unknown)

Winston playing baseball with Slimer (Episode 20 “Nightgame”)

There was another cel I had my eye on, but I think I will let it go. It was of Peter and Winston ■■■■■■■ a rock. I check YouTube, and sure enough it was from Episode 6, “The Boogieman Cometh.”

It may or not be of any help, but it can be narrowed down to one in the 1989 season on ABC by Janine’s haircut. That was the fall after GB2 came out, and they stuck the animated version in a haircut that seems clearly meant to be the same one she wore in GB2.

I’m trying to think of any episodes in which she may have lost her glasses. “Surely You Joust” maybe?

“Ghosts attacking the City” is from Buster the Ghost.

Still meaning to get photos of my cels…

image

image

but I’ve just put them on ebay :frowning:

Cool! Thanks!

I just got done watching Episode 49,“The Revenge of Murray the Mantis” and it appear that the animation cel with Egon talking to Slimer is from that episode. It’s during the scene where Egon asks Slimer to enter the Containment Unit to go find the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. He refuses, but Peter is able to convince him by offering to get him a Dinners Club card. :cool:

Andy_2_cool, why did you place yours on eBay? Also, where did you get yours. I see that they both have an official seal of authenticity on them.

Would appreciate if anybody could tell me what episodes these cells are from, have the RGB Box set, havent got round to watching much of it yet.

image

image

peter with the gas mask is from egon on the rampage

i think the other one is from big trouble with little slimer - not sure??

(nope just remember he was wearing a shower cap - thats a night cap- i cant place that one)

Thanks for the quick reply. I salute you Venkman Blues Sir :slight_smile:

I have one that has been identified as “Look Homeward Ray” but not sure about the one with the guys walking…

image

image

I have one:

The cell is from Revenge of Murray the Mantis, and the Background from Sea Fright.

I made a sweet animation: http://www.ajquick.com/rgb-animation-cell.swf

haha :smiley: Stay Puft probably shouldn’t have milked that landing. I’m wondering if mine might be Take Two when Ray tells Slimer they have human stuff to do and the other guys go off screen left. Maybe not. I forget.

You should gather up everyones cells and make an animation out of them

I think this one is “The Boogieman is Back.” That’s when Slimer bumps into Egon, when Egon can’t sleep due to nightmares.

Your correct, the cell is from when Slimer is saying goodnight to Egon at the stairwell.

Cheers

I got these last summer. The top one’s mine (from ‘Take Two’) and the other was a birthday present for my brother (from ‘Ghostfight at the OK Corral’, I think). No backgrounds though, sadly.