Dry-rub transfer stickers

Hello. I’m building my first thrower and purchased a set of vinyl decals. Upon closer look, the screen used props appear to be a mix of graphics.

Does anyone know where I can by the dry-rub transfer sheets like the ones sold, but out-of-stock on GBFans shop?

I want a label that doesn’t have the “raised”look do to the thickness of the vinyl. Also makes it a bit easier to weather. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

There will always be a degree of “raised” detailing to dry-rub transfers, this was present enough on the screen-used props that the dry-rub decal on the N-Filter was copied over into the fibreglass Proton Pack shells for Ghostbusters II.

As for who sells them these days? I’m afraid I can’t recall anyone at the moment who sells them. GBFans, or people selling through the GBFans marketplace have usually been the driving force behind producing the decals.

Thanks. I guess I’m just not a fan of the box outline on things like the pie chart on the thrower. The search continues.

With the dry rubs there wouldn’t be a box outline, but the text/pie charts/circuit diagram/numbers would be raised to some degree.

Understood and I would be fine with that.

i’ve been looking all over for these also

I too am looking for a set of dry rubs for my thrower.

I am thinking of making some water slide decals for the thrower. With the proper application, I think it will have that “painted on” look that I am looking for. My thrower is ready to be painted but I need to wait until warmer weather to do it. I hope to post some pictures within the next month.

I made waterslide decals for my goggles… certain colors like red didn’t come out so hot and I ended up using a mix of waterslide/regular. Maybe it was my print settings, but expect a fair amount of trail and error if you go the WS route.

Thanks for the tip. I thought about printing them myself but figured I could get better results if I found a place on the web. I just need to find the time to draw it all up.

Did anyone ever get anywhere with these? I’m well up for a set of dry rub decals. Can’t find them anywhere.

I abandoned the dry-rub concept (for lack of response) and had water-transfer decals made. Once dried, I took some steel wool over them to knock of the shine. This also resulted in some of the decal falling off which gave me the weathered look that I was going for.

Sorry I can’t for the life of me remember who sells them but I’ve seen them on eBay for sale recently.