Howdy all,
My name is Travis Bell and I am the guy on VH1 that owns the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard - http://www.generalleefanclub.com. Also, I own the only privately owned / autographed / Bluesmobile - http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com. With all the hey-howdies out of the way - here is why I turn to you. A few of you may know that we produce a new Metal-Stamped Plate a year and this year we are working on the correct ECTO-1 Plate. We are the folks that finally got the Back to the Future OUTATIME Plate correct. We also do a ton of different plates from the Dukes of Hazzard and helped with the creation of the KNIGHT plate and the Starsky and Hutch Plate.
OK, during our research on this plate it does appear to be standard New York Yellow/Gold with Dark Navy Blue font. The Plate wears a California Style Text Type in both the New York at the bottom and the E C T O - 1. I need to know if anyone has a good shot of this plate or even a real one? We always attempt to make these exact and screen accurate, so with your help, I am sure we’ll do just fine.
Please post a picture of the Plate or email it to me. If you have any information about the plate or know who has an original, drop me a line. As always, they will take us about 6 weeks to produce and they will be Metal-Stamped and perfect.
Thanks in advance,
Travis Bell
(317) 889-3780