Note a few comments on here favouring Ecto1a
For me, original is better so my vote would go for Ecto1, and IMO…best movie car of all time!!!
Note a few comments on here favouring Ecto1a
For me, original is better so my vote would go for Ecto1, and IMO…best movie car of all time!!!
You posted two pictures of things that arenot the E1 or E1A.
Get Out.
Sorry my internet at works blocks a lot of stuff! But you get the gist…
I always like Ecto-1A, i think cause it was a little more flashy! I like the advertising board they had on the sides!
I’m a bit in between.. I’d say I prefer the Ecto 1, but I do really like the advertising boards on the side of the 1A..
Classic 1984 Ecto all the way for me.
I’d like the Ecto-1A better if it had the original no-ghost logo on it, though. I still cannot make that change make sense ‘in-universe’.
And the red thing. If that was on Ecto-1A, I’d probably accept it. But they took off my favorite detail and changed the logo totally nonsensically, and despite the rest of the resemblance to the original, it fell WAY short.
Alex
Not a fan of the 1A being drenched in modified OSHA. Works on the gear, not on car bodies. And I find the roof gear to be off-putting… it’s really tall, and really boxy, and looks tacked on.
Plus, anything with the GB2 No-Ghosts logo looks iffy to me.
Im a fan of the ecto 1-b myself. Its got the classic logo and all the extra paint from the 1-a.
Ecto-1 all the way, blue is cool.
Always loved the Ecto-1 over Ecto-1A… just so original and classic looking.
E-1A just has sooooo much stuff on it… it’s annoying.
I am with you Super Sleuth on this one, I like 1-A. But now that I stop and think about it 1-B is pretty cool! As you said it has a little bit of both, best of both for me! ![]()
I admit, at first glance I thought the ECTO-1A was a gaudy hunk of ■■■■ the first few times I saw it, but it grew on me over the years. The original is still the best, though.
I also admit the look of the car in the Video Game, combining bits of both, was pretty good. I’d gone that direction myself in fan works I put out a couple of years before the game.
Raised rear lightbars are HOT.
Quoted for Ecto 1A truth!!!
Ecto-1 for sure its the original and that was one of the first cars I ever wanted.
Same here, like both
Ecto-1B is the agnostic of Ectomobiles.
I love them both, but the over the top, flashy look of the Ecto-1a gives it my vote. Plus adding the “A” at the end was a tongue in cheek poke at 1984’s Star Trek IV which unveiled the USS Enterprise 1701-A.