Firehouse layout wrong in Frozen Empire?

My gut tells me that they started building and realized they made a mistake, but it would take too much time and money to correct it, so they just said “Well, we didn’t think anybody would notice.”

In my head canon, sometime between Ghostbusters 2 and Frozen Empire, somebody renovated the firehouse heavily. Walls were blown out, windows put in, etc.

[quote=JonXCTrack post_id=4996659 time=1712931203 user_id=20770]Walls were blown out, windows put in, etc.

[/quote]

That’s the in-universe headcanon I’m going with. :slight_smile:

I just chalked it up to a rebuild after the original ECU explosion and 40 years of time.

Building interiors change all the time.

I had also noticed the differences with the Tested video and the scenes from GB 1 and 2. While they could have made this look closer I really just have to tell myself that that the firehouse as mentioned in other responses underwent changes from GB1 to GB2 to Afterlife and then from Afterlife to Frozen Empire. Some by the OG’s and some by “Starbucks” and some by Winston’s people. If you consider the video game and spirits cannon then you have years between films and games where you can see these changes more specifically.

It was a joke…

Yeah this has been confusing me too. When they showed Callie’s room next to the arcade machines in Frozen Empire I immediately thought that room is supposed to be the big dorm with the window above the main firehouse door. The layout feels flipped 180 degrees but then they left some of the windows in the same spot which makes it even more disorienting.

But yeah the interior in Frozen Empire doesn’t really match any of the previous versions. Unless they’re going for some alternate continuity it kind of feels like they just mirrored the whole floorplan and hoped no one would notice. Clearly that didn’t work on us.

Yeah, it’s weird. Every single Ghostbusters media after GB1 and GB2 used the original design (Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed). It’s very strange that an official Ghostbusters movie (Frozen Empire) changed it “just because”, with no reason to. Especially weird since the movie codename was “Firehouse”.

It doesn’t matter.

It was cool for the Firehouse itself to play a larger role in the film like in the cartoons.

Sides, Winston remodeled it upon the Spengler’s return…

I tend to agree…The site needed massive reno’s just to make it habitable and the fact that the attic is still a mess and there’s slime holes shows updates are not done so…at least thats what I have to tell myself.