First Hungarian Ghostbuster's Car ECTO - 2104

Hello GBFans! :love:

I would like to introduce you to Hungary’s first ghostbusters car in the making.

What you need to know quickly is that I am preparing the car all by myself. Of course without experience and in a home environment. So it is not easy for me and I am not going very fast.

As far as possible, I try to follow the original look. Here in the middle of Europe it is very difficult to get anything that looks even a little bit like the original. Also, the material is more limited here.

For the car I chose an old memory, a Soviet station wagon Lada. For us Hungarians, this car means a lot. Nowadays, however, it is a curiosity and there are hardly any of them left in the country.

I decided to make a video of my progress with the car and share it on the internet. Unfortunately, I’m still a bit behind with the subtitling, but maybe the automatic subtitles will help in the meantime.

If you’re interested in how I’m doing, please join the adventure.

I’d like to share a few pictures here to show that I’m really serious about the project and that I’m trying to do my best to do it justice.

If you find it worthwhile, please join the project!

Thank you :love:

YOUTUBE

This is the current status:

I have to admit, I didn’t tell the truth.

I don’t make the roof rack, the assistants do!

The video is called Truth about building!

:love:

That’s awesome and I commend you for building one using a Lada.

I look forward to seeing it finished.

Thank you, me too :smiley:

We also made the country with the Ghostbusters logo, like your avatar. It will be on the right rear of the car.

Hello!

A quick update.

I finished the roof rack today! :slight_smile:

Still no sound and no lights. I think it will take me another 1 month to finish the wiring.

Tomorrow the stickers will arrive and the car will be wrapped tomorrow. It will be very exciting and I am very excited about it.

On Road!

It was our first “big” trip with the car. We drove through half of Budapest.

In the video you can see some feedback from people.

If you like the video, please “like” it on Youtube. Thank you!

English subtitles are available in the video.

Hey there, Building out my roof rack. how did you connect the blue tubes to the side of the vehicle?

Sorry for the late reply. The blue tubes are screwed into the furniture board as shown in the picture above. The inside of the board is milled out and HDD magnets are glued in. These magnets hold the tubes to the furniture sheet on the car. So it can be removed at any time and does not move while driving.