Well, it’s Tuesday now and with that comes the release of the brand new game. I’ve started a list of all the reviews for the game that have been released so far and will continue to update it as more come in. Thoughts:
Ouch, some real mixed reviews coming out.
My feelings on the game are almost identical to Jason’s over at GhostbustersNews.com. Pick it up when it’s on sale for $20. Even then, don’t expect to be jumping for joy over the game. It’s actually pretty fun the first hour or so. It’s after that, when you finally realize that the game is nothing but the same thing over and over again, that you’ll probably want to give up. I’m on the very last level and haven’t attempted to finish yet because it’s just so dull. I’m a completionist so I’ll finish it but I will probably not pick it up again for a while after finishing it. It’s slightly better than SOS because it’s easier and you can trap some ghosts but if you didn’t like SOS it’s probably best to pass on this game or wait til it’s much cheaper. And this is coming from a fan that will buy ANYTHING Ghostbusters related.
Looks terrible unfortunately. I’ll pick it up eventually.
Did you guys see the opening cinematic at youtube? It’s soooo bad…