For Maniac Mansion Fans

I know I haven’t been on the Ghostbusters scene much these days, but I thought I’d chime in and share my latest creation.

For all you LucasArts fans out there, you probably know of Maniac Mansion. The PC/NES/C64 game that started the golden age of point-and-click adventures with LucasArts. I was recently inspired to pay homage to the game’s evil, brain sucking Purple Meteor. So I threw together this little ditty using my new hobby of making video game sprites out of fusible beads:

I used some GBII-esque slime as well. So now this topic is 5% relevant! :cool:

Okay, so maybe this would be better in the Off Topic - General Discussion page. Mods, feel free to move if you feel the need. I read this subforum wrong, thought it was about other, non-GB, props.

I love that game! Im so glad Im not the only fan out there lol. Very clever idea man.

You need to make the big red “DO NOT PUSH!!!” button.

Apart from being able to microwave the hampster or stealing the cheese, that was the second best part in the game!

Day of the Tentacle was a excellent sequel as well. Not to mention Sam and Max hit the Road and Full Throttle were great games as well.

I agree with all of those. Lucasarts dominated the point & click adventure.

I do happen to have this big red button on my desk that I saved from work…

OMG!!! Awesome! :crunch: You get mine for the day!

Ahh, loved those games. I wish I could get a CD of those games to play on a Vista machine.

And not to further the off-topicness, but you can get the Gone Jackals album that had the songs from Full Throttle off of iTunes now. Its “Bone to Pick” by The Gone Jackals. It makes for good Ghostbustin’ music for Xbox as well.

Your prop is FTW!

You can play all of the old games in vista using SCUMM. :slight_smile:

Or get

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=401

Thank you, Mat! It works like a charm!