So, I’ve gotten quite a taste for building GB equipment with the foam flooring plates. I recently completed an RGB pack and last year a movie pack and myself and all my SEOGB’s carry foam belt traps. 1 thing we’ve been sorta missing is a solid, more accurate pair of Ecto Goggles. Now we have the classic welding goggles that do the job but I’ve been wanting to tackle a more accurate pair using the foam. Well the build is underway and I have to say the results are making me very happy.
So far, super light weight. I need to seam the edges where I plated the foam and I’m trying to decide if I want to platstidip them first and then paint. Any one have any thoughts on that?
That’s how I made mine. I used 3mm EVA foam as the base with some styrene as the base plate. It came out great and the entire thing was under $30, where almost $20 of that cost was getting a head strap to use.
As for your plasti dip question - Plasti-Dip should be your step immediately before painting. I use Plasti-Dip (or really I use a rubberized undercoating for trucks), then primer, then paint.
SCGB, thanks for the input! And you’re totally right about the cheapness of the build, so far it’s cost me like 10 bucks and that just a few plastic signs and some wood filler. Getting back to the Plasti-Dip, what type of primer and paint did you use? I’m looking to avoid tacky, sticky paint.
I use Rustoleum Filler Primer, and I’ll have to look up the paint, but it was likely a Rustoleum satin Olive. I love their spray heads. I chose satin because it’s easier to do a wash with matte paint for weathering, but the result wasn’t sticky at all.