FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: Saturday May 2nd, 2009

Free Comic Day is: Saturday May 2nd, 2009

The Firstcoast Ghostbusters have been approached by the owner of Universe of Superheros (local comic shop) to come out and help with the festivities with the promise that if enough people show up the media will be notified…

We would like to extend the offer to all of our Union Brothers and Sisters, if you can make it to Jax for the day and help out that would be coolsville!! I personally, would like to see as many of us there as possible especially with the “Other Side” GB Comic being a current title, and hey…ANY chance for publicity is always a plus (channeling our beloved Dr. Venkman there)

Here is a list of those already coming:

**Dr. Seán Conner…First Coast Ghostbusters

Dr. Jason Cash…First Coast Ghostbusters

Dr. Jay Woodley…First Coast Ghostbusters

Rachel (Summers) …First Coast Ghostbusters**

Please contact me/us either here, PM, or on our myspace if you would like to come out, support our great GB community, hand out some free comics, and enjoy some of the greatest things about being a GB…

(Of course a special invitation is extended to our Tampa Union Brothers/Sisters…Hey! Another chance for us all to get together!)

:cool:

MORE INFORMATION:

Dr. Cash was in contact with Universe yesterday and it seems as though this is turning out to be a HUGE shindig including cooking out and such…C’mon, You KNOW you want to!!!

Also we are are hosting a food drive that day during the festivities…We would love to see a great turn out for this

well if its in Jacksonville, FL, that wont be too far from me. Well, 4 hours anyway. I might be able to come down. Maybe I’ll finally have my GB uniform finished and I can bring my pack also.

we’d love to have you…Let me know if you need any directions

Yes, yes..

ALL GBs are welcome to come out, help out, and bust some hunger!!

Calling all local Ghostbusters…anyone who can make it out for the day, please feel free to attend…This is our first charity event and I want to see this big a huge success…

Indeed..

Dr. Cash and I are calling on ANY fellow GBs that can make it up for the day…

We follow the “If you’re a GB you’re a brother/sister” line of thinking!

I’m in contact with a journalist from jacksonville.com who should be writing up a piece on the event.

Also trying to get Slacker and The Man there as well..

I’m sure we’ll be having an after event get together somewhere as well…HURRAY BEER!

Real Tampa Bay GBs / Go CAT Go Ladies

Tallahassee GBs

Palm Coast GBs

We’re calling on you especially…

(no pressure at all there.. hehehehe)

ALL are invited to come and make our first charity event a success!!

Call or PM myself or Dr. Cash for more details…

:cool:

Thanks for the invite guys, I will pass the word around to our other members to see if anyone can come. Unfortunately for me personally I cant because Im on call for work and couldn’t leave the county if I wanted to.

by the way it was nice finally meeting you guys and hopefully we can do more events together.

Scott

you guys know Ill be there!

Barker

That sux!

Well,

maybe we’ll see you at minimegacon??

Hell yes!!

Beer on standby!

This weekend (Free Comic Day) is already lining up to be a BLAST!

Below is a mini agenda of activities:

Friday Night.

We have “The Man” (from Slacker & The Man) as a guest on my Internet Radio show

What The Fnord (Discordian Radio) & mini get-together

http://www.myspace.com/whatthefnord

Saturday DAY:

We have Free Comic Day Food Drive & Celebration at Universe of Superheros with several of our GB Union Brothers/Sisters.

Saturday NIGHT:

We have the after party at Dr. Cash’s home & recording of a special edition of:

Timelord & The Man.

Not to mention, food, hookah, fifty-eleven tons of adult bevies, and TOAST!!

COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS NOW!!!

2 more days till the festivities!

How was the event guys?? Got any pics?

The day was great…we’ve got pics up on our myspace page, I’ll try to get them up on here too