Fwoosh "Rookie" Figure Preview

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/03/first-look-ghostbusters-the-rookie

Some nice new shots of the figure. The head looks pretty good, happy to finally get a decent look at him.

Good read, although a five minute Google search would’ve saved the author a bit of ignorance as to elements involving the 360-version of the Rookie.

Nice image showing just how different the sculpts on the two Ecto Goggle accessories are. Quite striking really how much smaller Marshmallow Ray’s are.

Shame the nametag font seems to differ between the one used on the other four Ghostbusters, but ah well.

It also sucks that we don’t get the game pack with it, unless matey is gonna retool it like they did with Ernie’s head for the GB2 figure. It will be nice to have another trap though seeing as how hard GB1 winston is to get your hands on at a descent price. But even it should be a game trap!

Yeah it was pretty annoying to read such a large chunk of the write-up based on misinformation.

I was stalking the fwoosh boards and they’re talking about custom Rookie’s n such. Quite shocked that word hasn’t gotten around about Cyan’s project. I found out about it very quickly and I wasn’t even looking. Google image search ftw.

I love the look of the rookie, and am glad they included the bits on his belt (and a much better pair of goggles)

I think the Rookie is actually going to be a big seller, because he has the most generic looking face of the group, and it’s easier for people to customize him to look more like themselves, paint his hair light blond and put some glasses on him, and I have a buster figure that looks like me. I know I am going to probably buy 2-3 when he comes out, and I like the pke and trap right on his belt. I wish he came with a videogame ghost, but at least the trap vortex is orange instead of blue - plus he SHOULD come with a proton stream…

henz, do you have a link to the Fwoosh thread about custom Rookies?

Here it is joe: http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=65375&start=3150

Looks like I spoke too soon haha.

I browsed through the last 10 pages or so but didnt see any other custom Rookies

Let’s play count the inaccuaracies/disappointments! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

No upgraded/upgradABLE pack (how awesome would it be to just be able to snap extra parts on and off?)

Goggles, though bigger, don’t have the over the top strap and are black too far down the lenses where they should be silver

Trap shouldn’t have a pedal, which makes the one on his belt actually accurate (or moreso)

PKE Meter should have the face from the game version, not the movies

No radio or light on the ALICE pack straps

His face looks more like Josh Hamilton or Blake Griffin than Ryan French.

But to prove I’m not just a picky stick in the mud, I do like that the trap comes with a different colored trap field. I’d end up using the orange as a capture field on a proton stream like they did in one of their pictures. He’d be a decently cool figure if the precident of the video game had not already been established. As is, it’s not anything I’d want to pay for.

Just one guy’s two cents. Enjoy it if you like it.

The Goggles in the game didn’t actually have the strap going over the top of the wearer’s head.

Just unplug the cord and pedal, then. :slight_smile:

No, there are none. There was some chat about potentially making one and the lack of reference and I was surprised Cyan’s work wasn’t mentioned. Sure enough, later that day it was brought up.

Main thing I noticed from his write up was that we never see the Rookie’s face. We see it several times. I could be wrong but the face shot from this looks a lot like the face the Rookie makes when Peter asks if everyone they are officially stuck in the elevator. Can’t wait to snag this tho. Thanks for the pics.

I like this figure more than any of the others that have come out of the line.

Only thing better would have been a pack in ghost from the game like the chef.

Mattel just added the Rookie to their Ghostbusters page. He goes on sale Sunday April 15th.

Slightly off topic here but I cannot wait to see Rookie customs in the near future. I know that I am going to customize my Rookiem once I get him.

The rookie figure looks great and will be a definate buy for mr, very excited for him!

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

Sunday?!

Yes, Sunday April 15

Why Mattel choose this day instead of weekday like the other action figures I do not know. Only theory I have is that it beeing part of the weekend possibly more buyers will be at home rather than working.

They hope people will spend their tax refunds on it. :lol:

NEW DATE: Monday. 4/16

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.2584027108