GB uniform.....

I figured I’d be best starting a new thread instead of clogging up the Magnoli thread.

I have most of what I need for this with very little that I want to change but I will be looking in to getting a new Gizmo at some point in the near future.

To start off, here are some pics that I’ve posted on another thread showing the Magnoli suit as it arrived.

As much as i like the Magnoli Noghost patch, and I do think it’s a fantastic version.

It’s not quite as accurate as I’d like.

Given how accurate the suit is, I really want to do it justice by having the best Noghost patch on there that there is in terms accuracy so I decided to remove the Magnoli patch which I’ll put to good use elsewhere and I’ve opted to replace it with the Uber accurate Todd Cook Designs Stantz patch.

I also have one of Heavy Props beautiful recreations of the GB leghose connector on the way which will be attached as soon as it arrives.

Once it’s all together I’ll take some pics of the full setup.

The leg hose connector arrived today from Heavy Props.

Just need to drill out the mounting holes, sew it onto the suit and I should be good to go once events open up again.

The casting is perfect and ticks all the boxes that I’m looking for.

I can’t recommend these enough.

The hose connector I had bought wasn’t quite as accurate as i was lead to believe so I’ve ordered a replacement from the GBfans store.

In other news though, I managed to get a hold of a black thermal waffle weave crewneck shirt which is a nice bump up in accuracy to the costume over the usual generic black tee I’d normally wear under the flight suit.

Having fun assembling the daughter board from Doug’s amazing Belt Gizmo kit today :slight_smile:

Glad to see you back at it! I love Doug’s gizmo kit, it comes out splendidly when complete!

Looking forward to seeing more progress!

For some reason I wasn’t notified about your comments so I’m sorry for the late reply, guys.

I haven’t had a lot of time to dedicate to this lately but Doug’s kit has been an absolute dream to assemble so far.

Even for someone like me who’s never soldered anything onto a board before.

Here’s where I’m up to.

I’m hoping to get going with the components at the upper section of the board and the Nixies tomorrow :slight_smile:

I added the components to the top of the board today and removed the nixies from my old Gizmo, which I’ll probably attach tomorrow.

Lots still to do and some tweaks to make but it’s getting there.

I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to these things so I won’t be making use of the lighting function , as cool as it is.

It’s the same reason why I don’t add smoke venting to my movie style packs.

I can appreciate why someone would want to but my ever present accuracy gremlin won’t allow me to :lol:

The nixies have been soldered in place and dry fitted onto the nixie bracket.

Next up, the error box then a few finishing touches and it’ll be done :slight_smile:

I finally got around to replacing my soldering iron so that I could continue with the Gizmo.

It just happens to also be the same soldering iron that Phoebe uses in the Latest Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer.

( Hakko FX-901)

Huge thanks to Ray Cameron for identifying it.

I primed and painted the Nixie bracket yesterday, then today I built the error box, added the bracket and aligned everything.

I used some little strips from the sheet of round decals for the white chipsets to add the missing connecting strip on each one and soldered in all of the empty connections on the board as per the original.

I had a bit of a misshap while I was soldering in the wires for the large Sanyo chip but that’ll be easy enough to fix with a desoldering tool.

I’m waiting for paint to dry on the large Sanyo chip right now, so hopefully I’ll be able to put the finishing touches to the Gizmo over the next couple of days.

Is there photos that show they used a waffle weave shirt? in everything I’ve seen it just looks like a normal black tee

This photo shows it really clearly

Makes sense for the filming outside Spook Central, as I can imagine autumn in New York can get a bit chilly.

You can also see Dan wearing one in the jail cell scene.

He has the waffle shirt on with a plain black tee underneath .

They don’t always wear the waffle shirts, sometimes it is just a plain, untextured tee but due to film grain it’s really difficult to be able to tell definitively in most shots.

Finished the Belt Gizmo today and added it to my belt.

With that, my uniform is fully upgraded.

I’ll need to do a full test suit up soon to see if I need to make any adjustments before I start attending events again once the finishing touches to my pack are completed.

Mmm, is it just me or does it look like he’s wearing 2 black shirts in that pic?

He is.

A black tee on top with the waffle shirt underneath .

Dan also wears two layers in the jail scene, although he wears the waffle shirt as the outer layer with a tee underneath.

There may be more scenes like that, possibly even with Harold and Ernie but the film grain present in the movie makes it extremely difficult to say definitively in most scenes.

Makes sense given the rumour they filmed the jail scene possibly in the Tombs, I can’t imagine it was particularly warm in there that time of year.

Looks great! What’s next?

Thanks !

I’m not entirely sure to be honest.

Maybe a Hero aluminium Ghost trap or a set of Ectogoggles once I finish some non GB related projects that I’m working on.