I am wanting to put together a gb2 uniform, but I know the pistol belt gives some issues when it comes to threading the holsters on (because of the buckle/clip being so large). Does anyone have any solutions or recommendations?
I’ve come to the conclusion that I have to get a whole new set of holsters… The width of the belt is just too much larger than the GB1 belts… The fobs are webbed too, not leather like GB1’s…
That’s what I was afraid of. Wanted to try to keep it economical.
Well, maybe somebody here has got some ideas here to help us both out… ![]()
Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t they wear the gb1 style belts with the gb2 khaki uniform?
Yes they do.
You just need to widen the belt slots on your holsters to accommodate the 3" belt. The male portion of the buckle on my belt is removable, so I’ve never had an issue with putting the holsters on.
Aaahhh, I didn’t know it is remove able. How does it come off?
Is that the belt sold in the shop?
Unfortunately not… nobody is currently doing a run of those…
The adjustable seat belt webbing just loops through the buckle and stays in place when wearing it. Unfortunately, these belts aren’t sold anywhere, nor is anyone doing a run of them. I made this particular belt about two years ago.
If you’re not dead-set on having a screen-accurate GB2 belt, the belts sold in the shop are a fine substitute: Uniform: Pistol Belt with Quick Release Buckle (Black) - Uniforms - GBFans.com Shop
Is the demand for these so low that nobody plans to do a run on these? I can understand how it may be a cost issue for some items, especially if the material is out of their reach… but is that the only issue that’s keeping runs on these on hold?
I think it’s also the fact they have to be made to a specific waist size. They’re not like normal pistol belts in terms of adjustability.
The belts are also a bit labor-intensive, particularly when adding the grommets.
I am willing to pay for your kind of quality belt, DVC. Ernie Hudson is coming to my city in September and I would love to greet him in a screen-accurate GB II uniform. PM if you’re interested, there’s a steady paycheck in it…
I was wondering about this issue. I’m thinking of just using my black web belt on my GBII uniform for now at least…
ETA: Ahh, forgot that I had one of these (got it free with an pair of 5.11 pants a while back: http://www.lifeviewoutdoors.com/tactical-and-military-gear/tactical-apparel/belts/5.11-tdu-belt-1.75.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwp7WgBRCRxMCLx8mMnDMSJADncxS2rFNTlRMPWMXAggXe5QKB8LUHn9dkMSSeleadzYcqSxoCBLDw_wcB
At only 1.75" it may be a bit small for a standalone belt, but maybe with the web belt behind it…
