GBTVG , tv show references (SPOILERS)

For those of you who now have the game, did anyone catch Peter(Bill Murray) doing an impression of his character from RGB when Slimer escaped?

And also, did anyone notice the circular traps from Extreme Ghostbusters, down in the basement on one of the workbenches?

Did you notice how the new containment unit looks suspiciously like the RGB containment unit, only more…real life?

just asking…

When I first heard Bill deliver the line “No, wait…stop” I thought that it at least sounded like something Venkman would say on RGB. Especially considering that it was Slimer and all. I don’t think it was purposefully a nod to Lorenzo Music though.

You missed Egon’s new PKE meter design on the same table as the EGB trap.

He might be thinking of dying his hair in the future.

Oooh, I’ll have to keep an eye out for the PKE meter when I copy gets here. Thanks for that, yeah I’m not sure if the line was a nod or not, but it’s fun to wonder.

Not to mention the RGB style PKE meter on the table in the basement.

Yeah I saw that, i was hoping to see the GB2 sign sitting around somewhere, but so far I haven’t seen it.

It’s there. It’s towards the back of the first floor. You can see it through the window pane on the left.

Check the glass door to the left and behind Peter’s desk right in front of the containment unit stairs. :slight_smile:

sweet! thanks! I’ll have to check that when I go play it again. Taking a break from the game right now…to get back to building my pack.

That was my initial thought as well, but I happened to be reading through my July 2009 issue of Game Informer while waiting my turn to play multiplayer and I saw a piece titled, “Beyond the Polygons,” on the Ghostbusters Video Game. One of the facts listed says, “Ray’s desk in the firehouse features all the prototype equipment that was developed for the game but didn’t make the final cut, including ghost stasis-mine disks and five different PKE models.”

Wish it was the EGB disk traps, but they definatly used a RGB PKE hands down.

I too would use the RGB PKE and the EGB traps. I wish they would release some DLCs so we can use the non released gadgets.

If you find the stay puft doll it later sits on one of the beds upstairs I think its a nod to the RGB opening which shows ray sleeping with a stay puft doll

Yeah i caught that.

anyone find the slime blowers from GB2? I haven’t seen anything anywhere so far…

Oh yeah, and you see the “sick note” from Luis Tully?

I recall seeing slime blower parts somewhere, but I can’t remember where. Anyone find a giga-meter lying around? I can’t find it. Is it a collectable item in the game or something?

oh yeah, i forgot about the giga meter. so far neither the slime blower nor the giga meter are collectible items that I know of, it would be cool though.