Ghost Sniffer..

Well, I managed to make an awesome contact who managed to find me the last old-style hand aspirator that Bacharach Industries had in possession for the Sniffer 300. We’ve been in touch quite a bit and he sent me a newer aspirator/hand pump which wasn’t accurate as it was blue and a slightly different mechanism. I received an email from him today which stated that he had found one of the old black aspirators as Bill Murray is seen using in the movie. When I get this from him, I will post pictures of it; it is NOT a blood pressure cuff bulb, it is an actual Bacharach part that was produced many years ago and has long since been out of production. He couldn’t believe he had one left and is really excited that I’m obtaining it for GB-related festivities (he had some other interesting input regarding GB, which I’ll post when I get everything and update the sniffer page).

This will complete the prop for me and I’m stoked! I already have the movie-accurate probe which I’m not sure I’ve seen other than mine, so I’m looking forward to contributing something to GBfans…finally!

That is AMAZING! This whole time I thought that it was just a piece that the GB prop builders added! Hahah! Can’t wait to see the pics! I have the Bacharach 301 sniffer but it, of course, did not come with the squeeze bladder. Excited to see the real deal! Bravo! :cool:

Can’t wait to see. I need to come up with something similar for my 301.

The stupid assholes at FedEx “delivered” my package…problem is, it wasn’t to me. I am in the process of finding out what I can from those jackasses, and I am praying that my contact can find another hand aspirator - if he can’t, and FedEx doesn’t find my package, I will officially go insane and end up in a mental hospital. Well, maybe not, but what are the damn chances? Don’t ever use FedEx because they suck balls.

Just to bump this…I received my aspirator valve from the woman it was delivered to. I also tracked down another one. Secondly, I have been informed that the gentleman I’ve made buddies with at Bacharach is sending me another super awesome gift! I will post all of the pics as promised once the last of my Bacharach goodies arrive.

I’ll post these for Sabaska109 since I took the pictures of his 301 for him.

Here’s the accurate 1980’s aspirator valve for the Bacharach 300 Series sniffer along with Adam’s model 301.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mburkit/Bacharach Sniffer Model 301 Reference shots_DSC02858.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mburkit/Bacharach Sniffer Model 301 Reference shots_DSC02859.jpg)

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mburkit/Bacharach Sniffer Model 301 Reference shots_DSC02860.jpg)

I’m sure once Sabaska109 receives his new, super awesome thing-a-ma-bob from Bacharach, I’ll take more pictures for you guys.

Matt, you are my hero.

Fixed

IT IS A 300…I actually got a real 300, and I am reenacting Dana’s Apartment scene as soon as I log off!

This thing is so freaking cool…ask Matt, he’ll agree.

![image](http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/mburkit/Bacharach 300 Sniffer_DSC00106.jpg)

You son of a bitch. LUCKY!

I finally got off of my ass and updated the sniffer page for those of you who care (nobody, hah!).

Would you be able to post some high resolution pictures of the labels (sides and base)? I’ve been trying to get some from a friend for the better part of a year, but his has been placed somewhere where he’s had some difficulty trying to find it.

It has been so long since anyone has ever even looked at this…but I had to:

image

I can sniff ghosts from now until the day others are sniffing for me.

Hoarder.. :wink: