Ghostbuster FireHouse sign

Im have been looking to build one of these for a very very long time. Huge thanks to gbfhs and Marty120704 for there build, ref pics and the models they made!

So i have divided this projects in a couple of Fases.

Fase I: Building a 3D model.

Fase II: Mill the model out of MDF, and sculpt over the MDF.

Fase III: Vacuum form the model and paint

Fase IV: Build the casing and finish the lighting.

The dimensions are:

5,4cmx 70.9cm x 68.9cm.

or

1.96 x 27.9 x 27.1 inch

The last photo i added a bottle of glass cleaning to show the sign

At this point im at Fase II. I hope you all enjoy the photo’s, any comment at all is really helpfull!

![image](Imgur: The magic of the Internet[/img

[img]Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

Fantastic! I can’t wait to see how this turns out!

Thanks Spark! I will do my best to make you proud!

Today the goal was to clear the sign of all the wood surrounding it and building up some shapes in plaster.

I did had a two tiny mistakes with the table-saw, but nothing to major I cant fix.

After that it was off the sculpts the shapes in clay, its clearly not done, but im kinda happy with the overall shape of it. I do need to trim the hight of the sculpt down a bit.

I would love to hear your comments on how i could improve the shape.

I think the shape is turning out great so far. I would just keep going with adding and sculpting the clay.

Little update:

The bodem cirkel is a bit to long, need to fix that. but its really smooth.

That’s looking very good so far. Very curious to see it finished.

Hey Falconnl,

I havent been on here for a while and i have just seen your work, it looks really good, it brings back memories of pain when i was creating my sign (all that filling and sanding). Have you gotten any further ? I love to see more progress pics!